Triple M Network (including regionals)

Triple M has just signed onto 5 more years of NRL coverage.

Welcome to the Triple M family, SEA FM 93.1 Bundaberg.

Changeover to Triple M 93.1 happened at 8:05am Queensland time today.

Nick Riewoldt joins Triple M’s All Star Footy Lineup

Triple%20M%20Melbourne

After finishing up his footy career without a premiership to his name, Saint Nick has finally landed the most coveted prize in the game… a spot on the Triple M’s Footy line-up. Nick Riewoldt will officially join the team from round 5 this weekend and will make regular appearances on Triple M Melbourne’s The Rush Hour, The Hot Breakfast, and Dead Set Legends, plus Triple M Adelaide.

“I’ve been a fan of Triple M and appeared on many of its shows since my early playing days, so it’s great to officially break my way into the Triple M line up this year,” Nick said.

“I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences, insight and passion for the game with the loyal listeners, whilst enjoying a laugh.”

Nick’s former teammate, Leigh ‘Joey’ Montagna, has also become a fulltime member of the award winning Triple M commentary team and also hosts Dead Set Legends alongside Jay ‘Jay-Z’ Clark on Saturday mornings.

Geelong may be rolling out Dangerfield, Ablett and Selwood but the biggest Cat of them all, Billy Brownless, has also joined Triple M’s footy coverage for 2018. Already a Triple M stalwart, Billy brings his weekday chemistry with JB to the Saturday Rub, Australia’s best footy preview. Just when you thought a line-up could not get much better, there’s even more additions to the Triple M footy team this season with Sydney Swans premiership winning captain, the big, bad, bustling Barry Hall, and current AFLW Brisbane Lions midfielder, Kate McCarthy. Hall and McCarthy, who is known for her colorful antics and on field grit, join the Triple M Footy call on the Gold Coast and Brisbane respectively.

Now in its 22nd consecutive season, the Triple M Footy call not only boasts the most qualified, entertaining and star-studded team in the business, but is also Australia’s #1 AFL call on radio* for any footy fan with a pulse.

Triple M’s Head of Content Mike Fitzpatrick said, “With AFL reaching more people and becoming more popular each season, it’s important that Triple M continues to invest in top shelf talent to bring the insight and entertainment that our brand is famous for. Nick is about as good as it gets.”

*Source:GfK Radio Ratings. Survey 3-6 2017. 3MMM / 5MMM - Combined AFL Timeslots. Cume/ Reach

Roo & Ditts To Serve Up Breakfast For Triple M Adelaide Until 2021!
Huge news!

Triple%20M%20Adelaide

Two of Adelaide’s favourite sons will continue to wake up at sparrows to keep their city entertained and informed each morning.

Mark Ricciuto & Chris Dittmar, Roo & Ditts, have locked in another three years of serving up breakfast for Triple M Adelaide.

Every day these boys cover Adelaide’s biggest stories and everything that matters to the city. Whether it’s Roo letting Adelaide vote on the name of his child, Tom, raising $110K in one hour with the people of Adelaide for KickStart for Kids or, a breaking sports or news story, you’ll hear it on Roo and Ditts.

Starting out on the drive home with Triple M Adelaide’s Rush Hour in 2011, Roo & Ditts made their way to breakfast in June 2014 and have certainly made a name for themselves. Now they will continue to do so until the end of 2021!

Roo said, “People always ask me if I hate getting up early, but I actually love watching the sun rise and talking about the big topics that matter most to the people of South Australia.

“When I signed this contract, I had a choice between working three more years with Ditts or getting six kids ready for the day ahead. My wife Sarah wasn’t too happy when I chose Ditts.”
Ditts added, “I feel very lucky, I love what I do and I work with one of the best blokes and a fantastic team. Though, it hasn’t been lost on me that Roo has hung onto me and my squash career to further himself.”

Southern Cross Adelaide’s General Manager James Pedersen said, “Roo & Ditts have seen consistent audience growth since moving into the Breakfast shift in 2014. They are both ultimate team players and this is reflected in their popularity with listeners as well as within the Triple M team.

“We are delighted to have them on board for another 3 years and we are confident of their continued success.”

Listen to Roo & Ditts for Breakfast 6am-9am weekdays on 104.7 Triple M Adelaide or catch up via the app store or here www.triplem.com.au/shows/roo-ditts

Townsville’s 4TOFM and Newcastle’s KOFM enter a new era with Triple M

Triple%20M%20Network

Southern Cross Austereo today announced that Townsville’s 4TOFM and Newcastle’s KOFM will be renamed under the Triple M brand.

As the Triple M network continues to grow, these stations will enter a new era under one of Australia’s most iconic radio brands with 36 stations nationally, plus four digital Triple M stations.

Triple M Townsville and Triple M Newcastle will continue to produce local shows and content for their listeners, that’s Pricey for Breakfast in Townsville and Tanya & Steve in Newcastle, plus provide the widest variety of music, sport and comedy.

In addition, the hilarious Kennedy Molloy with Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy will be heard each weekday afternoon from 4pm-6pm, as well as the Triple M NRL call from Thursday – Sunday during footy season.

There’s only one Triple M and there will be even more access to amazing prizes and live events with the new Triple M Newcastle and Triple M Townsville set to provide everything local and more!

SCA’s Head of Content for Regional Radio, Mickey Maher said, “We are proud and passionate about the communities we are part of and the local content we deliver. We’re excited to bring one of the country’s most iconic media brands, Triple M to Newcastle and Townsville.”

Triple M Townsville will launch on Monday 3 September and Triple M Newcastle on Friday 9 November.

This morning at 8.05, 4TOFM Townsville converted to 102.3 Triple M

mmm_townsville

And all 3 listeners were confused :rofl:

MATTY JOHNS TO DEPART BREAKFAST RADIO AFTER EIGHT YEARS

Triple%20M%20Network

Triple M is sad to announce that after eight years of the 4am alarm, Matty Johns has decided to hang up the headphones and won’t be returning to the station next year.

Triple M’s Head of Content Mike Fitzpatrick said, “We’ve been grateful to have Matty as a part of our Triple M family for such a long time and while we’re disappointed he won’t be continuing on The Grill Team, we understand that with his other media commitments, he needs a break from breakfast radio.

“We’ll use this opportunity to explore all options, get the best person to join our breakfast team in 2019, and keep delivering a great entertaining Triple M breakfast show for Sydney.”

As a long standing member of The Grill Team, Matty has been waking up Sydney since 2011 with his jokes, characters, random stories, and of course his expert NRL insight. Matty Johns said, “I would like to thank everyone at Triple M, in particular everyone associated with the Grill Team. The eight years have been so enjoyable, with plenty of laughs and plenty of great memories, it hasn’t felt like a job at all.

“The challenge has been juggling my late-night commitments with Fox Sports, along with the early hours of breakfast radio. After eight years, that can take a toll and for that reason I’ve decided to take a break from radio. Not an easy decision, but the right one.

Triple M will be sending Matty off with a big celebration over the next five weeks, allowing both him and our listeners the chance to say thank you and goodbye!

The Grill Team’s last day on air for 2018 will be December 7.

In a surprise twist, KOFM also became Triple M Townsville.

(On Facebook)