Triple M Network (including regionals)

Triple M Melbourne

WIL ANDERSON TO JOIN TRIPLE M’S HOT BREAKFAST

The whip-smart and brilliant Wil Anderson is joining Melbourne’s Triple M Hot Breakfast alongside Eddie McGuire and Luke Darcy.

Astute and hilarious, Wil has won the People’s Choice Award for a record six times at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, selling more tickets than any other act and cementing himself as Melbourne’s comedian of choice.

Wil has spent the last 8 years between LA and Australia, touring the world to sold out rooms and as host and executive producer of ABC TV’s most popular show Gruen. A die-hard Western Bulldogs and AFL fan, Wil has been a long-time listener to Triple M’s Hot Breakfast, tuning in wherever he is in the world.

Wil says “I am a huge fan of the show. It’s been my lifeline to Melbourne as I have toured the world doing stand-up. I’m guessing I’ve probably heard more of it than Mick has. It’s a show that gives you the news, and makes the news, all with a laugh. So many times I have thought I would love to be part of that conversation, and now I’m rapt that I get to, waking up with my favourite city in the world. And I’m even more excited because of the genius of Mick Molloy, I don’t have to get in until 7am!”.

Eddie McGuire says “I’m absolutely delighted to welcome Wil to the Hot Breakfast. With Wil in the morning, and Mick Molloy in the afternoons, Triple M is in the enviable position of having two of the most unique and successful comedians in Australian showbiz history. To replace someone like Mick you need to have the #1 pick in the draft, and we got him.”

Triple M’s Head of Content, Mike Fitzpatrick says “Wil is one of the funniest and most respected comedians in the country. He is loved in Melbourne, selling out his comedy festival shows every year. That combined with his passion for music and footy makes him the perfect fit to sit alongside Eddie and Darc”.

Wil Anderson replaces his friend Mick Molloy on Hot Breakfast, who is turning off the early morning alarm and heading over to Triple M national drive with Jane Kennedy in 2018. Mick’s last show with the Hot Breakfast will be Friday 6 October. The Hot Breakfast will take its post footy finals break and Wil will start Monday 23 October.

Southern Cross Austereo broadcasts the Ray Hadley Show live in a number of its regional radio markets including Orange NSW pursuant to a supply agreement with Macquarie Media, the producer of the program.

On several occasions this week as a result of legal advice SCA has decided not to broadcast parts of the program. These decisions were based solely on legal advice and were not influenced by any commercial considerations, including the fact that West Orange Motors has a commercial relationship with SCA.

Attempts to frame this issue as one of censorship and free speech are misleading.

On Monday 11 October the broadcast of the program contained discussion of a case currently before the Orange Local Court in which a young man has been charged with dangerous driving causing the death of an elderly man. The incident occurred whilst the man was at work test-driving a truck owned by his employer – West Orange Motors.

While SCA appreciates the significance and the impact on the Orange community of this case, SCA was concerned that the material broadcast was potentially in breach of Australian contempt of court and defamation laws.

In relation to contempt, media organisations in Australia are required to exercise extreme care when reporting on stories which are currently before the court. The law states that once a person has been charged with an offence, reporting is limited to the bare facts of the case and what is said and heard in open court. This is to ensure that the accused has a fair trial; that the merits of the case are not debated in the public arena during the trial; and that witnesses and jurors do not come to the trial with a preconceived notion about guilt or innocence.

In SCA’s view Monday’s segment contained material which went beyond the parameters of legal court reporting of a trial.

Given the live nature of the program and the host’s public opinion that he does not consider his comments to be of concern, since Monday, SCA has declined to air any part of the show that refers to the case because of the risk that further problematic material may be aired.

Furthermore, given the risk of further defamatory statements being made, SCA has extended the decision not to broadcast parts of the program relating to the case to all of its stations that air the program.

Back when I worked for DMG Regional Radio, I had to sign an agreement about this very thing upon gaining employment. It’s not like Ray Hadley wouldn’t know about this. He is just trying to gee up the community over false bulldust about censorship. SCA should just replace his program completely just to put him back in his box. Unfortunately it rates in regional areas such as Orange.

Triple M Melbourne

Today Triple M admitted to making the worst decision in the history of Australian radio besides all of those made by Kyle Sandilands, as it announced the return of The Chaser team in 2018.

The mix-up occurred when Triple M Head Mike Fitzpatrick tripped over his shoelaces, broke a mirror, landed on a black cat, and then accidentally signed his name on a binding contract.

After a 12 week stint earlier this year, The Chaser’s Andrew Hansen, Charles Firth and Dom Knight will return weekdays from 3-4pm on Triple M Sydney. Radio Chaser will also regularly feature Chas Licciardello, Craig Reucassel and Chris Taylor.

A Radio Chaser best-of show will air on weekends across the Triple M network in the unlikely event that there’s any ‘best’ to include.

“We’re so pleased to be coming back to Triple M,” Andrew Hansen said.

“It was absolutely our first choice after Nova, KIIS, Smooth, 2WS, the SBS Arabic station and the Townsville tourist information transmitter all turned us down.”

“I was hoping for a shorter shift than 3 – 4pm,” Knight admitted.

“But our boss Jamie Angel reckons we can repeat our material in the second half-hour, so we think we’ll be okay.”

“It’s been so nostalgic working together again,” Firth said.

“I’d forgotten how much we hate each other.”

The announcement represents a homecoming for the team, as SCA’s chief content officer Guy Dobson hired The Chaser team for their first media gig on Triple M Sydney back in 2001.

“And looking back, it’s amazing how far they haven’t come,” he said.

SCA CEO Grant Blackley said that he was excited about all the acclaimed comedians the company had hired for 2018.

“Mick, Jane, Hughesy, and Wil Anderson – we’ve got the absolute best,” he said.

“And due to a regrettable error, we also hired a few others who’ve done a bit of TV for the ABC.”

Lawrence Mooney Is Joining Marto And Robin On Triple M BIG Breakfast 104.5FM
The Moonman Comes To Brisbane

Triple M Brisbane

Listen up Brisbane! Triple M’s Breakfast is about to get BIG in 2018.

Aussie comedian and TV & Radio Personality, Lawrence ‘The Moonman’ Mooney is officially joining ‘Marto’ and Robin on the new Triple M BIG Breakfast 104.5FM in 2018.

Triple M listeners already know Lawrence from his appearances on Merrick & Australia and The Triple M Cricket Commentary Team. Lawrence has been a regular contributor to Triple M Brisbane Breakfast, calling an as “Big Mal” and most recently filling in for Ed Kavalee whilst he was on paternity leave.

He’s been a regular at the Brisbane Comedy Festival and will again have his own show in 2018.

His stand-up comedy is widely regarded by fans and peers as one of the funniest of the funnies. His brutally honest and hilarious insights have earned him Best Show at Sydney Comedy Festival 2015 and a Barry Award Nomination for Best Show at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2015.

“I’m really looking forward to The Triple M Big Breakfast with Marto and Robin in 2018. Having filled in for Ed with the guys, and having played Rich Uncle Mal over the past three years I have a great rapport with them and the whole team. The show is fun to do and I think that translates to our listeners who feel free to jump in and get involved,” said Lawrence aka ‘The Moonman’.

“There is however, a little trepidation because Ed is leaving some big shoes to fill, not because he’s talented just because he’s got massive shoes.”

Triple M Brisbane’s Content Director David Rymer said, “Marto and Robin are everything Brisbane. They’re not afraid to speak their mind and love a great laugh with the people of Brisbane each and every morning. The addition of ‘The Moonman’ will bring a brilliant injection of dry, quick comedy to the show; it’s the stuff we are famous for and it’s why our listeners tune in.”

Ed Kavalee, who has shared the brekkie microphone at Triple M Brisbane for the past four years, will be moving back to Melbourne to spend time with his new baby boy Arnold Martin Kavalee, and his wife Tiffany Hall. Kavalee will continue with Southern Cross Austereo as well as his raft of media commitments including Have You Been Paying Attention?

The announcement was made live in-studio this morning.

Triple M Brisbane is also home to the city’s only local FM drive show in The Luke Bradnam Show with Libby Trickett & Dobbo, and in 2018, comedy legends Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy under the title of Kennedy Molloy will complete the day for listeners.

Sarah and Paddy to depart 2GO

untitled-1

Breakfast co-hosts Sarah King & Paddy Gerrard will be hanging up the headphones with 2GO.

Sarah departs after 26 years with 2GO and Paddy after 14 years with both 2GO and Sea FM.

Sarah was instrumental in the conception and success of Give Me Five for Kids, which has become a huge fundraising initiative for SCA. Paddy will be fondly remembered for his Gotcha Calls and also his fun larrikin sense of humour.

Leisa Wood, General Manager SCA Central Coast said, “Sarah and Paddy have been valued members of the 2GO family and Central Coast community over the past 5 years together. We wish them all the best for the future.”

A new breakfast show for 2GO will be announced in due course.

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/mg-departs-grill-team-after-8-years

Australia By Night with Stephen Cenatiempo

Triple M Network

MMM Regional has announced a new nights programme - Australia by Night with Stephen Cenatiempo.

Stephen will host the new talk show which will broadcast into regional Triple M stations and will kick off on-air January 21st.

On his new position with Triple M, Stephen said: "I’m incredibly honored to work for a company of SCA’s stature and excited about the opportunity to broadcast on the Triple M network. I grew up listening to Triple M so I’m really looking forward to this new challenge.

Radio Broadcasting is more than a job, it’s a calling and a passion and I look forward to bringing that passion with me to the M’s”

Lee Kernaghan brings a little country to Triple M!

Triple M Network

Australian country music legend Lee Kernaghan will join the Triple M regional network in 2018 sharing his love for the music the artists and stories behind ‘Today’s Best Country’.

Kicking off on the Australia Day long weekend, January 28th 2018, “The Range with Lee Kernaghan” will feature ‘Today’s Best Country’ each Sunday from 6am-8am.

As one of Australia’s most successful country music artists with 34 #1 chart hit songs, over two million albums sold, 4 ARIA awards and 36 Golden Guitars, Kernaghan is truly a champion of the country music scene!

Southern Cross Austereo’s Regional Head of Content Mickey Maher said, “We are looking forward to showcasing great country music from Australia and the world across our Regional Triple M network and syndicated partners. To have someone of Lee’s calibre host the show is the icing on the cake!”

Ready to join Triple M Lee Kernaghan said, “I’m super excited to be hosting the Range in 2018 and to get the opportunity to play some of the hottest country songs from Australia and around the world.

“I grew up on country and it literally has been the soundtrack to my life. So I’m looking forward to cranking out some great tracks and having people tune in, turn up their radios and be a part of the show.”

The show will be heard on over 66 stations which includes all of the regional Triple M Network and syndicated stations across Australia.

So, the taxpayer funded FM has decided that there’ll be no soundtrack for Australia Day. Let’s face it, that’s usually full of hipsters or kids making music on a Mac.

At Triple M, we’re going to give you what you’ve asked for. The perfect Australia Day soundtrack.

We want “Triple M’s Ozzest 100” to include all the songs that define Australian music. That’s why we need your help to build it!

Tell us about your favourite Aussie songs. We don’t care about a top 40 chart position, who wrote it, or even awards. It’s just got to be Aussie.

Simply tell us the title and artist of your top 3 by clicking the big orange button. Don’t delay, requests close December 31st.

The Triple M Team

“Triple M’s Ozzest 100” built by The Club. Australia wide, Australia Day 2018.

The Ms ruck and maul a new deal with Queensland Rugby Union and the Queensland Reds

Triple M Brisbane

Triple M has announced the re-signing of a new three-year history-making partnership with Queensland Rugby Union (QRU) that in 2020, will see the station acknowledged as a 30-year sponsor. This is now the longest standing partnership for the QRU and one of the longest in Australian sport.

Announcing the newly-inked three-year deal today at Ballymore with Queensland Reds Head Coach Brad Thorn, Southern Cross Austereo and Triple M General Manager Damon Rielly said that sport was part of the station’s DNA and Rugby an important part of the sporting line-up, both on and off air.

“Rugby has a strong grass roots, community following in Brisbane, and while many companies and media look to centralize operations and marketing back to Sydney, we are looking to increase our local community presence,” said Rielly.

“The latest Roy Morgan research shows that 359,000 people in Brisbane follow Rugby, and our Triple M audience are the most passionate supporters, so the ongoing partnership creates the perfect go-to place for all rugby information,” he said.

“Rugby has had a tough time of late, we see this as a great opportunity to further our involvement and help a mate in times of need; I’m confident Rugby and the Queensland Reds under Brad Thorn’s mentorship will be successful once again in 2018.”

Under the new partnership the official designation for Triple M is now Major Partner of the QRU and the St. George Queensland Reds, Official FM Radio Partner of the QRU and the Reds and QRU’s Longest Media Partner (30 years in 2020). Triple M has further extended its involvement in Rugby in 2018 by becoming the major sponsor of the Norths Rugby Union team in the Queensland Premier Rugby competition.

“The QRU is very excited to announce signing Triple M for another three years, as this is QRU’s longest continuous commercial partnership. The synergy between our fans and the Triple M audience has underpinned our very close relationship across three decades,” said QRU Chief Executive Officer, Richard Barker.

The partnership includes a three-year combination of airtime, promotional strategy, activations, co-branded initiatives across the season, talent support and engagement of listeners with players and the leadership team, and again inks Triple M into the DNA of Brisbane as the home of all thinks rock, sport and comedy.

EXCLUSIVE

In the coming days the Central Coast will have a radio rebrand, with 2GOFM becoming GO FM.

It comes as a fresh new breakfast show with Mandy Coolen and Akmal Saleh and Kennedy Molloy in Drive spearhead a new marketing campaign for the station, which is a distant third in the market behind sister station SEA FM and competitor STAR.

This Is Triple M Country – SCA Launches New Digital Radio Station

Triple M Country will go live at midnight tonight, with Southern Cross Austereo launching its new digital radio station.

Adding Triple M Country to its digital radio stable, complements Triple M’s existing portfolio of Triple M Modern Digital, Triple M Greatest Hits and Triple M Classic Rock Digital.

Triple M Country will feature contemporary music by many celebrated Aussie and international artists, from Lee Kernaghan, Kasey Chambers and Keith Urban, to Sam Hunt, Florida Georgia Line, and Carrie Underwood.

On the new station Kernaghan will host his own music show ‘The Range’, each Sunday 6am – 8am, with the show also airing across the Triple M regional network and syndicated stations. For two hours each week Lee will share his love for the music, the artists and stories behind ‘Today’s Best Country’.

Other shows include ‘Nashville Access’ with its weekly insight into the heart of American country music and ‘Hot Country Saturday Night’.

The new station will launch at 12am (AEST) on Thursday February 1, and will be available on digital radio in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, online at triplem.com.au/country, or via the Triple M app (available on iPhone and Android).

Triple M Country will partner with ‘Country Rocks Sydney Festival’ to be held in Bella Vista on Saturday March 3. The festival will be headlined by Lee Kernaghan who will be joined by his sister Tania Kernaghan, Adam Brand, James Blundell and many others.

Southern Cross Austereo’s Chief Creative Officer Guy Dobson, said, “The launch of the Triple M Country signals the continued growth and diversification of the Triple M brand across Australia.”

“This is the next brand extension for Triple M - offering even more solutions for our clients and an even broader audience reach.”

“Research around the world shows country music lovers discover music via broadcast radio.”

TRIPLE M LAUNCHES INTO BUNDY

Triple%20M%20Network

Southern Cross Austereo today announced that from Monday 26 February, 93.1 SEA FM Bundaberg will be renamed 93.1 Triple M.

Celebrating its 18th anniversary on-air, this brand change will see the Bundy station join Australia’s second largest radio network with 35 Triple M stations across metro and regional markets plus an additional four Triple M digital stations. Not only will 93.1 Triple M still be the place for locals to hear the content and news that matters most to Bundy, as well as Nik & Jac for breakfast, it will also be the station to tune into for the Greatest Hits from the 70’s to now. There will be a new way to drive home with Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy each weekday arvo from 5-7pm, plus Triple M Footy and access to Triple M’s national and international competitions and promotions.

SCA’s General Manager of Bundaberg Nicholas Purdie said, “We are really excited about the changes that lay ahead and look forward to providing the community with something different, whilst maintaining a strong connection to our local market.

“In a nutshell, we will still be the same local station but now with an extended family. There will be loads of sport with the Triple M Footy call, the music that our listeners know and love plus lots of national and international prizes!”

Bundy - Welcome to 93.1 Triple M!