Triple M Network (including regionals)

Triple M, The Chaser and Pepsi announce new radio show

A day after it withdrew its controversial advertisement with Kendall Jenner, Pepsi has announced a revised marketing concept for the world’s most popular cola besides Coke – a new radio show presented by The Chaser team.

Airing on Triple M Sydney for a 12 week season from Monday 1 May, Pepsi Presents The Pepsi Chaser Powered By Pepsi will reunite four of the original team members; Charles Firth, Andrew Hansen, Dom Knight and Chris Taylor, for a daily radio programme exclusively devoted to the benefits of Pepsi.

Each weekday morning from 10am-12pm, the team will consume Pepsi while interviewing celebrities about how Pepsi’s changed their lives and taking calls on topics like “Pepsi, Light or Max?”

The team will regularly take to the street to promote world peace by handing out ice cold cans of Pepsi to police officers, rioters, soldiers on active duty, and the contestants of Married at First Sight.

The show will also feature someone playing cello at random intervals, for no reason.

“Right now, everyone hates Pepsi, and that’s a market position that The Chaser is very familiar with,” Knight said.

“To us, Pepsi is the taste of a new generation that’s now a couple of decades older and wants to sell out to commercial radio for a bit.”

Triple M’s head of content Mike Fitzpatrick said, “We’re delighted, if a little apprehensive, to welcome The Chaser back to where they started in 2001.

“Triple M is now the home of rock, sport, comedy and Pepsi – until Pepsi cancels after the inevitable backlash.”

Pepsi’s Global Head of Marketing said that if the new show with The Chaser doesn’t work out, they’ll consider sponsoring Mark Latham’s Outsiders.

Tune in for the show from Monday May 1, 10am-12pm, on Triple M, 104.9FM.

Looks like Triple M is going to be my new destination…

The multi-awarding winning superstar of the AFLW Daisy Pearce has joined Triple M’s AFL football call.

Pearce called her first game on Saturday – Carlton v Gold Coast Suns – and will back this Sunday April 23 calling the Hawthorn v West Coast game from the MCG. After the game Pearce received praise from colleagues and fans across the football spectrum.

Growing up in country Victoria, Pearce was the only girl playing footy in her town in a football-mad family and was drawn to the sense of community and camaraderie the game and club gave her. After giving up a career as a midwife to pursue professional football, Pearce is now the most recognisable face of the AFLW and an inspiration to young girls now flocking to the sport.

Pearce was part of the commentary team for Seven’s inaugural broadcast of the AFLW and impressed with her insights into the game, reminding footy fans why she is so highly regarded on and off the field.

Triple M’s head of content Mike Fitzpatrick said: “It’s fantastic to have a player of Daisy’s calibre join Triple M Football.”

Pearce added: “I’m loving the opportunity to work alongside a well-established footy call team and be part of a station I grew up listening to. I will share my passion for the game and hopefully bring a different perspective to the mix. The Triple M broadcast always provides a good laugh as well as an insightful call and I’m excited to be part of it!”

Pearce joins a refreshed lineup of legends recently out of the game including Chris Judd, Paul Roos and Simon Black alongside Triple M stalwarts including James Brayshaw, Luke Darcy, Wayne Carey, Brian Taylor and Dennis Cometti.

@cramer don’t get too excited, I was at work last night and reading the internal, it’s for 12 weeks only.

And the time has been moved - it’s now 11am to 1pm.

On behalf of both @cramer and myself, it’s been a pleasure to know this man and to work with this man. One of the nicest guys in radio, and a GREAT promotion.

Definitely one of the most deserved promotions in the business. Great bloke who will be missed by his listeners on air.

Here’s our new digs at Newcastle :smiley: :smiley:

The new premises look good. :slight_smile:

Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy for the drive home on the M’s in 2018. This October for Melbourne, January for rest of the network.

Interesting combination. Should be a great show. Shame that Mick Molloy and Tony Martin can’t get together again. Have they kissed and made up yet or are they still at each other’s throats?

Longtime friends and comedy colleagues Mick Molloy and Jane Kennedy are joining forces to drive Australia home in 2018 across the Triple M Network.

Molloy, from the legendary Martin/Molloy to the No.1 Daytime show Tough Love, has spent the last 7 years on Melbourne’s #1 FM Breakfast show, The Hot Breakfast. Mick says:

“I can’t wait to get back to my natural habitat on the drive shift. I imagine the show will be a lot like my usual conversations with Jane minus a couple of good bottles of vino”.

Jane Kennedy began her career in radio and appeared with Mick on Triple M on the ground-breaking breakfast show The D-Generation. They both went on to write and perform together with the team from the ABC TV classic The Late Show. Jane says:

“I’m rapt to be working with Mick again and I can’t think of anyone better to do Drive with. Plus Micky’s usual excuse of sleeping through the alarm won’t wash anymore!”

Triple M’s first completely national drive time offering will commence on air in Melbourne in October, followed by Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and over 30 other markets in January.

“It’s so cool to have these two exceptional performers on Triple M Drive” said Triple M Head of Content, Mike Fitzpatrick.

“The stations where we already have local drive shows will now be followed each day by Mick and Jane, giving the Triple M Network a truly national drive footprint”.

Mick and Jane will be an irresistible force delivering a fun and entertaining show that will appeal to audiences right across the country.

A new co-host for Triple M’s Hot Breakfast will be announced soon.

Former Triple M legend… get better soon Andrew!

Everyone at Southern Cross Austereo loves you and supports you Jay!

TRIPLE M TO DELIVER THE BEST EVER ASHES COMMENTARY TEAM

Triple M will make its Ashes debut this November with the biggest, best and most entertaining cricket commentary team of all time.

Australia’s favourite cricket commentator, Kerry ‘Skull’ O’Keeffe will once again captain the team and joining him is an absolute pearler of a line up.

Returning to the squad to provide their unique take on the action will be Triple M’s Mick Molloy and Lawrence ‘Big Mal’ Mooney, along with James Brayshaw, Mark Howard, Gus Worland and the breakout star from last summer Isa Guha - a soothing and classy alternative to the madness around her.

Aussie Ashes legends Adam Gilchrist and Mark Waugh will open the batting with Greg Blewett coming in at number three. Every team needs its crazy quicks, so steaming in with the new ball will be Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Merv Hughes and Jason Gillespie. Brad Haddin once again dons the gloves, while Pommy spinner Graeme Swann will send down some tweakers and no doubt give back just as good as he gets.

Every team needs an all-rounder, so Triple M is introducing a Knight of The Realm into the comm box. The legendary Ian 'Beefy" Botham joins us from the motherland. Sorry, that’s SIR Ian Botham if you don’t mind. While, Fox Sports Neroli Meadows will be doing the hard yards down on the boundary.

Triple M cricket’s Captain Kerry O’Keeffe said, “Last time England came here I commentated on our five - nil drubbing over them. Now I’m with Triple M and I would like to see that score line again! Forget Bangladesh, we’re on our patch now and we have our fast bowlers.”

“We at Triple M will be deliciously call every body blow! Good luck Poms!”

Triple M’s Head of Content Mike Fitzpatrick said, “It’s a team that boasts more nicknames than any other line-up heard on Australian radio; Skull, Beefy, Ish, Junior, Gilly, Binger, Hadds, Fruit fly, Midge, Dizzy and Nez to name a few. We have secured the most unique, experienced and entertaining cricket commentary team going around and listeners are in for a long hot summer of scorching cricket nirvana.”

Triple M’s cricket commentary team will don their whites for the first Test Match of the Ashes series at the Gabba in Brisbane on November 23. This will be followed by the 2nd test at Adelaide Oval on December 2, Perth from December 14, the Boxing Day Test in Melbourne and the Sydney Test on January 4.

Triple M Rocks The Ashes can be heard on every Triple M across Australia along with digital radio and Triple M Classic Rock Digital in Perth.

Triple M Rocks The Ashes line-up:

Adam Gilchrist
Brad Haddin
Brett Lee
Graeme Swann
Greg Blewett
Gus Worland
Isa Guha
James Brayshaw
Jason Gillespie
Kerry O’Keeffe
Lawrence ‘Big Mal’ Mooney
Mark Howard
Merv Hughes
Mark Waugh
Mick Molloy
Mitchell Johnson
Neroli Meadows
Sir Ian Botham

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/footy-mad-comic-wil-anderson-favourite-for-one-of-melbourne-radios-most-coveted-breakfast-gigs/news-story/b296c9aa3c3324040701b3c2a19bdd6d&memtype=anonymous

INXS ROCKERS TIM AND KIRK PRESENT THE BEST OF AUSTRALIAN MUSIC WITH OZTOBER LIVE ON THE REGIONAL TRIPLE M NETWORK

Legendary INXS rockers Tim Farriss and Kirk Pengilly return to the airwaves this October when they present ‘OzTober Live with Tim and Kirk’.

Beginning October 3 and broadcast across 32 stations on the regional Triple M Network, Tim and Kirk’s one hour lunch time show will form part of Triple M’s ‘OzTober’ campaign, a month-long celebration of everything great about Oz music.

From Kylie Minogue to Cold Chisel, Natalie Imbruglia to Icehouse, Tim and Kirk are set to explore the stories and artists behind some of Oz music’s most recognisable songs.

Throughout the month, the duo will share their unique insight and behind the scene knowledge as they provide the inside scoop on legendary gigs, songs that shaped the industry, and the artists that tore down barriers and conquered the globe.

The INXS stars, who made their radio debut with a week of shows last December, are thrilled be back in the saddle.

“I don’t get to hang out as much with my mate Kirk these days,” Tim Farriss said. “So when I was asked if I’d like to spend lunch with him every day for a month co-hosting Oztober I said; Hell no! I’d LOVE to! I haven’t seen his lunch box since high school!!"

Kirk Pengilly said: “After years of being at the mercy of radio DJ’s to play our music, my best mate Tim and I can now tell them all to get …. Because we’re going play whatever the hell we want, including lots of INXS! Watch out Triple M, we’re taking over lunch during Oztober with lots of stories, great Aussie music and general INXS-ness!!”

More iconic artists will take to the chair as guest hosts throughout the month, including the likes of Hunters and Collectors’ Mark Seymour, Diesel, Screaming Jets front-man Dave Gleeson and Mark Gable from the Choirboys.

OzTober will finish with a bang in an exclusive concert available only to Triple M Club members, which will feature some of the very best in Aussie music along with a few lucky Triple M club members.

Join “OzTober Live with Tim and Kirk” weekdays from 12pm on the Triple M Network, beginning from October 3.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/confidential/925-gold-fm-radio-veteran-brought-into-boost-breakfast-ratings/news-story/5d705dc0441f97546e1c7c08210ffd6b