Triple M Network (including regionals)

SCA’s Triple M Music Jury is now known as The Club.

Got my invite this morning. :slight_smile:

Southern Cross Austereo
Southern Cross Austereo

Triple M Hobart has announced a new breakfast show: The Dave Noonan Show.

Alison Plath will be his co-host, from 6am-9am weekdays.

NRL is part of Triple M’s DNA just as much as rock music and MG taking sickies. It’s what we know, it’s what we love, it’s what we’ve become famous for.

We’ve gone 18 long weeks without it and quite frankly, it’s driven us mad. Thankfully the Auckland Nines kicks off just when we need it most, to get us pumped for the season proper.

The 2017 Triple M line-up is “exceptional once again”, and there’s still a few surprises still to add to the commentary team.

Plus tune into Triple M Sydney 104.9 across the weekend to catch the Auckland Nines action, with Paul Gallen, Jamie Soward, Jimmy Smith, Dan Ginnane and more. Saturday 12pm – 6pm, Sunday 8:30am – 6pm (AEDT).

From the Nines, the All Stars, Charity Shield, Origin and Grand Final, through to the Rugby League World Cup. In 2017 Triple M Rocks Footy.

Triple M has announced Brydens Lawyers as the major naming rights partners of its NRL coverage for the 2017 season. The Sydney based law firm has had a long running association with the Triple M network and is now taking it to the next level with the naming rights partnership.

Southern Cross Austereo’s Chief Sales Officer Brian Gallagher said:

"Brydens have been a key partner for Triple M NRL from its inception and the opportunity to take the partnership to another level in 2017 made absolute sense given the results delivered to date.

"This agreement is testament to the performance of our NRL product with a rock star talent roster who deliver breaking coverage both on and off the field from the Auckland Nines to the Grand Final.

“We look forward to supporting our friends at Brydens in achieving their marketing objectives in 2017.”

Brydens Lawyers Principal Lee Hagipantelis said:

"Brydens Lawyers has long enjoyed a successful relationship with Triple M as a sponsor and advertiser.

“There is a distinct commonality that exists in the demographics which support Brydens Lawyers, Triple M and rugby league and therefore, there was no hesitation in accepting the invitation to join with Triple M as the major and naming rights sponsor of its rugby league programming.”

Radio Today believes MMM may be networking into Melbourne afternoons from today:

MMM networking afternoons?

^ and they are - Jane Gazzo on maternity leave.

MIX 94.5’s new show The Scene, which starts this Thursday, will bring all things Aussie to listeners on Thursday nights.

Getting a head start on the weekend, host of The Scene, Blake Williams, will now be playing the best music Australia has to offer between 9pm to 10pm.

Blake said the new show is all about staying local.

“Thursday nights have always been a great night for live music in Perth’s pubs and clubs,” he said.

“Now we’re adding to that by getting the best local Perth talent in our studios.

“Perth has proven time and time again that we’re a force to be reckoned with when it comes to great, local music and ‘The Scene’ is all about getting that music heard!”

The Scene will feature not only Australian favourites but also local WA talent and events, helping you keep in touch with Perth happenings.

“We say we’re ‘Everything Perth’ at mix94.5, and we back it up,” Blake said.

“The Scene is one hour jam packed with local events, local music news and of course, Perth’s best acts live in the studio, every week!”

KOFM promoting a change on Friday to its name.

Too early for the MMMs at this point?

Not until the end of this year.

It’s a music/concert tie in. Bruce FM.

Triple M Sydney has appointed Brad McNamara as executive producer NRL and cricket.

This newly created role will see McNamara take charge of Triple M’s exclusive FM NRL and cricket broadcasts.

McNamara, who was the executive producer of Triple M’s first foray into test cricket this summer, is an ex-NSW Blues player and a former EP of Nine’s cricket coverage.

In 2017 Triple M’s NRL coverage will feature the brand new 6pm Friday night game live, along with Thursday nights, Saturday afternoons and Sunday (match of the round) fixtures.

In a two-year deal with Cricket Australia, Triple M will broadcast the 2017/2018 Ashes Series, and will continue to add to its cricket commentary team.

From Monday 20th February, mix94.5’s Clairsy, from Perth breakfast show Clairsy, Matt & Kymba, will be rocking the airwaves in a new show with music legend, Brian Mannix, from Uncanny X-Men.

Generation 80s with Brian Mannix will run Monday-Friday from 12pm to 1pm, and feature the best the 1980s has to offer.

“I’m excited about playing so many great 80s songs and also excited about playing a few clangers as well,” he said.

Although he has dabbled in radio on the East Coast before, Mannix says he is excited to be on board for a “big one” in Perth, as well as working with co-announcer, Clairsy.

Rock royalty, Aussie sporting legends and Triple M’s finest head up the brand new campaign for Australia’s home of rock, sport & comedy – Triple M.

The new campaign features Cold Chisel’s iconic track “Rising Sun” and will run across outdoor, transit, TV, print, digital and social mediums throughout Triple M’s four metro cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, and in Perth for mix94.5.

Launching yesterday, the campaign builds on the Triple M rebrand campaign that was launched across regional Australia in December 2016.

The campaign uses Triple M’s on-air talent as well as various friends of the network, including former AFL and NRL sporting stars Chris Judd and Ryan Girdler, rock stars Sting, Jimmy Barnes and The Living End and well-known identities that the Triple M audience have come to know, love and trust.

Southern Cross Austereo’s head of marketing Nikki Clarkson said,

“There’s only one iconic brand that’s stood for Aussie rock, sport and comedy for the last 30 years and that is Triple M.

“This campaign not only heroes our own on-air talent but includes great rock and sporting icons, those who have been an integral part of Triple M over the decades.

“We are excited to build on the campaign we launched for Triple M across regional Australia in December 2016 with this new work for our metro stations. Triple M is now truly a national brand.”

Talent included in the campaign:
• All metro Triple M breakfast talent
• Jimmy Barnes, Sting, The Living End
• Ryan Girdler, Peter Sterling, Wendell Sailor, Tony Squires
• Billy Brownless , Chris Judd, Wayne Carey
• Merrick Watts, Roy & HG

Triple M has announced a new three-hour night show with comedy duo Tom & Olly.

Broadcasting into Sydney and Melbourne, the boys cut their radio teeth hosting breakfast on Star FM Albury-Wodonga, and couldn’t be more pumped to join the Triple M airwaves.

Tom & Olly are known for their live sketches and have already performed at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival show.

“If I had a Tinder bio it would basically read, ‘Rock. Sport. Comedy’, so yes, it just feels right making Triple M home,” Olly said.

Tom commented, “I feel like hiring me for Triple M was a mistake…I still think Buddy plays for Hawthorn… but hey I’m going to run with it for as long as possible!”

Catch the boys from 7pm to 10pm Monday through to Wednesday on Triple M Sydney and Melbourne.

Cricket documentary Vindalosers – How To Win In India, will debut on Triple M’s digital assets tonight at 7pm.

For anyone who’s ever picked up a bat or wanted the Australian cricket team to be just a little bit better, this 30 minutes is for you.

Creators Nikos Andronicos and Damien Timms, who form TippyTappySports, spent four weeks on the subcontinent trying to understand why Aussies don’t have a great history on Indian soil.

From Justin Langer’s warning about “Mother Cricket” to Dean Jones’s handy list of “How To Succeed In India”, and tips from the man who (according to himself) is the greatest batting coach in India, this doco has it all.

Nikos and Damien play games in the park, on the street and anywhere else they can get away with it, in an attempt to become the first Australians to win in India since 2004/2005! This is the ultimate look at why Australia have failed so badly on the sub-continent and what they need to do to put things right.

This production, commissioned by Triple M takes cricket fans on a humorous, heart-warming and intriguing look at cricket in India.

Head of the Triple M Network Mike Fitzpatrick said:

"This documentary appeals to the sport element of the Triple M brand and we are sure the majority of our 2.8 million fans across our social channels will enjoy this film.

“It’s a golden age forlong form video content and accessing premium content is a new way for us to engage with our digital audience.”

Vindalosers Producer and Presenter Damien Timms said:

“We always thought hearing about how difficult it was for the test team to tour India was an alternative fact. So we went to find out for ourselves!”

"Our goal was really to become the first Australians since 2004 to win something in India.

“We explored many ways to stay focused from yoga to haggling to driving but, batting without a box was one of the best.”

The Luke Bradnam Show with Libby Trickett and Dobbo will host the drive shift on Triple M Brisbane and Gold FM on the Gold Coast.

Luke said:

“I am so excited to be working with Libby and Dobbo. She’s so much fun to be around, and he’s probably the most authentic bloke I’ve ever met.

“Twenty years ago I scored my first gig in radio handing out icy cold cans of coke at the back of a B105 Black Thunder; I’m stoked to be back in Brisbane! The fact that I get to provide my two favourite cities with a local FM drive show is like a dream!”

Content Director for Triple M Brisbane, David Rymer said:

“Having worked with Luke for many years on the Gold Coast, I know he’s an extraordinary radio talent and that this uniquely local show will resonate with Queenslanders driving home, everywhere from Kallangur to Coolangatta.

“We can’t wait to have Luke Bradnam, Libby Trickett and Ben Dobbin where they truly belong… on air together!”

SCA’s head of regional radio content, Mickey Maher said:

“We’ve created a show that links our two cities hosted by three true locals Luke, Libby & Dobbo. It will be interesting, entertaining and super relevant to what matters most to our Brisbane and Gold Coast audiences.”

Join Luke, Libby and Dobbo for the drive home from this Monday, February 27 on Triple M Brisbane and Monday, March 13 on Gold FM.

Fox Sports paraded Yvonne Sampson at the launch of their 24-hour league channel on Monday night despite a drawn out dispute with Channel Nine over her starting date at the pay TV giants. However, Sampson is once again caught in the crossfire of a media war with Triple M and Fox Sports in disagreement over her services.

In almost 15 years at the helm of Southern Cross Austereo Perth, Linda Wayman has driven changes to take full advantage of the digital revolution and entrench the company as a leading name in WA radio.

Ms Wayman, who has managed Perth radio stations Mix94.5 and Hit92.9 since 2002, next week steps down from her position to focus on her family.

damn right, she’s a giant and will be greatly missed and much regarded.

New MMM Promos

https://t.co/rGzovhyc2Y

https://t.co/JdQ4EuCm4S

https://t.co/LyXjMSiXtW

Hi there!

This is me panelling the footy last night on KO.