Sunrise

Ed Sheeran is performing his brand new hits on Sunrise on 8 February.

800 Words

Sam Armytage has a great interview in Stellar magazine, part of News Corporation today.

Two quotes stick out for me:

“If I had my time again, I would think seriously about [taking the Sunrise job], because my life has changed. Dramatically."

“I guess I am clickbait, and that is not a great place to be.”

Armytage was referring to paparazzi constantly stalking and harassing her, and articles in websites like Daily Mail which referred to her “granny pants” because she dared wear white briefs which was visible under her clothing.

A Stellar Armytage interview

Sunrise host Sam Armytage has taken to Instagram to complain about a drone hovering above her Sydney home on Saturday afternoon, at one point writing that she was calling the police.

“Saturday night; Pervy, stalker, weirdo paps hovering ANOTHER drone in my backyard.

Calling police in now. ANY women’s magazines or online gossip sites who buy these creepy pictures, had better be prepared for a fight.”

Channel 7 has until recently managed to keep in the dark yet another internal scandal, this time involving long-time producer and notoriously polarising employee David Eccleston, who was recently demoted following a disturbing incident at the station’s Martin Place headquarters.

The-then supervising producer of Weekend Sunrise was knocked down to news promo producer last month after he allegedly verbally threatened his ex-partner,Madeleine Kennard, who is a Weekend Sunrise on-air producer.

Sources say Kennard was left visibly shaken after Eccleston, in a heated phone exchange from his office to the Sunrise control room, threatened to “wrap a microphone chord around your neck and choke you with it”.

Another Seven scumbag

Sunrise is hitting the road again… Next week the team will embark on a five-day mystery tour of the United States of America. A near-impossible feat never attempted by a television program – and Sunrise’s biggest ever broadcasting and logistical challenge.

Sunrise will broadcast from a new destination in the USA every day next week as chosen by viewers at home. It’s up to them to decide where they want to go, and Sam, Kochie, Nat, Beretts, Eddy, Sam Mac and the Sunrise crew will have less than 24 hours to get there.

This will be another television world-first attempt for Sunrise. No other live television program has ever attempted a broadcast of this magnitude. And there’s more: this time Sunrise is giving four lucky viewers the chance to come along for the ride.

“This is the experience of a lifetime – and all the power is in the viewers’ hands,” said Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell. “They tell us where they want to go, and we take them there. Our viewers have always shaped the show, so we can’t wait to see what they come up with this time for Sunrise’s greatest challenge yet.”

So, where will it be? Waikiki, LA or New Orleans? Buckle up! Each day will be a new adventure decided by Sunrise viewers and our cameras will capture every minute behind-the-scenes.

“This is a massive trip to take on, I’m a bit nervous but very excited. I can’t wait to see where the viewers send us!”
Samantha Armytage

“I love an adventurous school trip; it’s a chance for us to hang out for a week. Even more, I love that it’s all up to the viewers.” David Koch

“We really won’t know ‘til 8am each day which city we are flying to. We’ve got a little side bet going on where we think viewers will pick.” Natalie Barr

“A lottery of 15 destinations and we don’t know where we will be going – it’s all up to our viewers! That’s a bit scary but I can’t wait!” Mark Beretta

“I used to love Choose Your Own Adventure books and this feels like a real life version of that.” Edwina Bartholomew

“This is going to be an outrageous adventure. It’s a week of mystery flights. Bring it on!” Sam Mac

The #Sun7USA Mystery Tour airs from Monday 3 April, LIVE from 5.30am all week on Seven and PLUS7 Live.
To vote for the daily locations head to: www.sunrisemysterytour.com

keep the idiots there permanently.

Talitha Cummins has won her unfair dismissal case against Seven.

Fairfax Media has reported that Cummins’ lawyer Sam Lavery has said a confidential settlement with Seven had been reached, adding that Cummins would not be given her job back at the network.

A Seven spokesperson told B&T: “We are pleased this has been amicably resolved and wish Talitha all the best.”

Katy Perry is coming to Brekky Central…
… The pop megastar will co-host Sunrise with Kochie and Sam!

Sunrise this morning announced that singer Katy Perry will take over Brekky Central later this month.

The pop superstar is a long-time friend of Sunrise, and even tried her hand at presenting weather during her last visit in 2014.

This time around she’s raising the stakes. Swapping the stage for the television studio, Perry will co-host Australia’s favourite

brekky show alongside Kochie and Sam. It’s something she’s never attempted before.

Perry’s visit to Brekky Central follows a string of international superstar guests, most recently Tom Cruise and Ed Sheeran.

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Katy Perry has a proud history with Sunrise. She’s done almost everything there is to do on the show. Everything except co-hosting it. We can’t wait to see what she brings this time.”

“Katy’s like an old friend, it’s great to welcome her back. She’s the biggest pop star in the world right now so of course I’d give up my seat to have her co-host the show!”

Samantha Armytage

“Katy has been a Sunrise regular over the years… one of my unique memories of Katy was her using my bald head as a fruit

platter. She is so bright, funny and unpredictable. It’s going to be a crazy morning and anything could happen!”

David Koch

SUNRISE airs weekdays LIVE from 5.30am on Seven and PLUS7 Live (www.plus7live.com.au)

lol she’s not even in the top 20.

Weekend Sunrise: Andrew O’Keefe

Seven

After 12 years with Weekend Sunrise, Andrew O’Keefe has made the decision to step away from his hosting and reporting duties.

Andrew will continue his full-time role as host of Seven’s top-rating quiz show The Chase Australia, as well as focus on other projects with the Network.

"The ideal job is doing work you love with people you love,” Andrew said. “And for 12 years it’s been my great pleasure to work on one of the most lively and thoughtful shows on commercial television with some of the warmest, funniest, most committed people I know. Weekend Sunrise has truly been a family, though without the inheritance squabbles or TV-remote blame. Mon, Simon, Sally and the whole team behind the camera are beautiful friends. But as much as I love my WS family to bits, I think it’s time to give the weekends back to my real family. There are many overdue camping trips and too many unseen soccer matches to catch up on. So, to all the beautiful people with whom it’s been my profound pleasure to work, and to all the viewers who’ve
been our friends for so long, thank you and adios. See you at the much more civilized hour of 5pm.”

Sunrise Executive Producer, Michael Pell, said: “Andrew O’Keefe is Weekend Sunrise’s longest-serving host. Over more than a decade, Australians have woken up to his irreverent style. He’s made us laugh and he’s made us think. I thank Andrew for his enormous contribution and wish him well as he reclaims his own weekends. Andrew will always be a member of the Sunrise Family.

Seven’s Network Director of News and Public Affairs, Craig McPherson, added: “Andrew has been instrumental in Weekend Sunrise’s dominance over many years. Few bring as much passion and energy to a presenting role. I wish him every success in his future endeavours.”

An announcement of a new Weekend Sunrise co-host will be made in coming weeks.

It will be interesting to see who will replace AOK. I can’t really think of anyone who would be a decent, readily available replacement.

Basil will probably get the gig although I think Matt Doran would be a better fit.