Stan (General Discussion)

Stan has appointed Jake Mitchell to the role of business and corporate development manager.

Stan said Mitchell will work on developing new commercial opportunities with business partners for Australia’s leading local subscription video on demand service.

“Jake’s background in business media and his extensive network within the industry makes him the perfect choice to expand our presence and develop new opportunities with our commercial partners,” Stan chief executive Mike Sneesby said.

“We are excited to have Jake on board.”

Mitchell was most recently media reporter at The Australian and was previously joint Street Talk editor at The Australian Financial Review.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Stan takes 2017 head on: Launching 4K and Downloads

Stan, a joint venture between Fairfax and Nine, has “exceeded and culminated” in the latest results, delivering its biggest ever month in subscriber sign-ups.

As of 13 February, Stan has more than 700,000 active subscribers. The SVOD service expects to breakeven during FY18, with Hywood adding the business is on a “clear path to profitability”.

As part of a new deal with NBCU, Will & Grace reboot will screen on Stan.

My eldest will be excited.

me too - got all 8 seasons on DVD here :slight_smile:

Daddy, what’s a DVD… shut up son and put the next audiobook cassette in the tape player.

I wonder what this means for Disney Streaming service in Australia?