4. Careless Whisper – George Michael
  5. Islands in the Stream – Kenny Rogers / Dolly Parton
  6. I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
  7. Kokomo – The Beach Boys
  8. Hero – Enrique Iglesias
  9. Sweet Caroline – Neil Diamond
  10. Close Your Eyes – Michael Bublé

Barry Gibb said:

“For one of our tunes to make it to number one is everything. I mean I think that people who listen to our songs are the best people in the world and this is how they show it. Thank you.”

Don Henley will be hosting weekends on Smooth as part of their all-star lineups.

WSFM’s breakfast newsreader Sarah Forster has left the station and will read breakfast news for competitor Smooth FM on the weekends from the Central Coast newsroom of Star 104.5

Tina Arena is returning to Nova Entertainment’s smoothfm for a fifth time to host her own show on Sundays from Easter Sunday through until Sunday May 7. Arena will also be hosting a Mother’s Day special on Sunday May 14.

Arena said she enjoyed returning to radio:

“I enjoy connecting with Australian audiences obviously because they have a history about me that nobody has anywhere else in the world. We’ve had the privilege of being able to be a part of each other’s lives since I was a child.”

Tickets go on sale for Tina Arena’s Innocence To Understanding September tour next week.

The weekend radio program will be heard on smoothfm in Sydney and Melbourne and on smoothfm DAB+.

Blondie founding members, singer Debbie Harry and guitarist Chris Stein, will join smoothfm’s weekend lineup with their own show on Saturday April 29.

In the GfK radio ratings results released on Thursday, smoothfm ranks #1 FM station in Sydney and Melbourne.

Blondie has a new studio album, “Pollinator”, due for release on Friday May 5.

Radio has always been critical to the band’s success with their timeless rock classics always finding a home on classic hits and rock formats. Debbie Harry was once employed by the BBC working in the radio production department in New York.
Georgie Page, smoothfm program director, said:

“We’re so lucky to have such a range of incredible artists keen to host shows on smoothfm. Our listeners love hearing about their lives and the stories behind their success. Debbie and Chris from Blondie are such an iconic duo in music and their incredible chemistry and sense of humour will make for some great radio shows.”

Harry and Stein can be heard on smoothfm in Sydney and Melbourne and on smoothfm DAB+ from Saturday April 29 to Saturday May 20.

Ben Latimer returns to radio at smoothfm

Nova Entertainment welcomes Ben Latimer as smoothfm’s program director for the duration of a maternity role contract.

With over 15 years’ experience, Latimer has senior content management experience across multiple broadcast platforms. Most recently he was head of on demand at Foxtel Television Networks, where he was responsible for all on demand content on the platform and overseeing editorial on all devices for almost three years.

Latimer also has extensive media experience as group program manager for Max and smoothfm TV, which has allowed him to work with the smoothfm brand values and key stakeholders at Nova Entertainment.

He also has held various executive producer and content director roles in Sydney and Adelaide for the Australian Radio Network including working as EP for WSFM’s Jonesy and Amanda breakfast show.

Peter Clay, head of programming Nova 96.9 and smoothfm network, said, “I was blown away by the calibre of applicants putting their hands up for the maternity leave contract at smoothfm and Ben was just stood out having had previous experience with the brand and some of the on air talent.”

Latimer will temporarily replace Georgie Page, who will depart for maternity leave on July 21 after overseeing smoothfm become the #1 FM station in both Sydney and Melbourne in the second radio survey this year.

Latimer will commence in the position on 24 July 2017.

Take That, one of the world’s most renowned pop groups, will join smoothfm’s weekend line-up from Sunday 22 October.

Take That band members, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald and Mark Owen are excited to tour Australia for the first time in 22 years and to join smoothfm’s weekend line-up.

“I love the country I really do. I am really excited for travelling around, seeing all the fans and playing some music. We’ve asked a lot from our fans to keep travelling so far to see us, it’s our turn to get on the plane now so we’re on our way,” Gary said.

Formed in 1990, Gary Barlow, Howard Donald, Mark Owen, Jason Orange and Robbie Williams were one of the most internationally recognised bands with not only 28 top 40 singles and 17 top 5 singles in the UK but 56 number one singles and 37 number one albums globally.

“We’ve had an incredible array of artists and personalities host weekend shows on smoothfm and we’re lucky to have Take That join the line-up,” smoothfm Program Director Ben Latimer said.

“The band’s contributions to the music industry is an attribute to their talent and they will make a great addition to our line-up.”

Take That joins a star-studded line-up of smoothfm guest hosts that have included Sir Richard Branson, James Blunt, Dolly Parton, Barry Gibb, Neil Diamond, Elton John and Olivia Newton-John.

Take That can be heard on smoothfm 95.3 Sydney, smoothfm 91.5 Melbourne and on smoothfm DAB+ from Sunday 22 October at 4pm until Sunday 12 November.

JOSH GROBAN RETURNS TO SMOOTHFM

Smooth FM

Josh Groban, multi-platinum singer and songwriter, will return to smoothfm’s weekend line-up from 4pm on Saturday 9 December.

Groban has experienced a staggering career to date, with his first four solo albums reaching certified multi-platinum, and in 2007 he charted as the number-one bestselling artist in the United States with over 22.3 million records.

Groban recently re-released his much-loved Christmas album, ‘Noël’ for its 10th anniversary on CD and all digital formats. Originally released in 2007, this Grammy nominated holiday recording remains one of the best-selling Christmas albums of all time, selling over 7.5 million copies worldwide. The ‘Noël’ deluxe edition features 13 original fan favourite songs as well as four brand new track including ‘Happy Xmas (War is Over)’ and ‘Christmas Time Is Here (with Tony Bennett).

In 2017 Groban concluded his Broadway run in Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet of 1912 and will release a limited edition coffee table book, ‘Stage to Stage: My Journey To Broadway’ to commemorate his time on stage.

Josh Groban said, “Hosting my own show on smoothfm is not only a dream that I’ve had as an adult but also a childhood dream, I kind of always wanted to do a radio show. It’s a lot of fun, it’s a new thing for me and I’m just thankful for the opportunity.”

Josh Groban first joined smoothfm’s weekend lineup in April 2013 and joins an impressive line-up of artists who have hosted their own shows on the station including Human Nature, Sir Richard Branson, Take That, James Blunt, Dolly Parton, Barry Gibb, Neil Diamond, Elton John and Olivia Newton-John.

Josh Groban can be heard on smoothfm 95.3 Sydney, smoothfm 91.5 Melbourne and on smoothfm DAB+ from Saturday 9 December until Saturday 30 December from 4pm to 5pm.