SEN

The AFLW Hour of Power covering the NAB AFL Women’s competition (AFLW) will come to 1116 SEN on Sunday mornings.

Hosted by ex-netballer and avid campaigner for women in sport, Bianca Chatfield, and joining her each week will be a rotating panel of experts; respected sports journalist Sam Lane, the pioneer of NAB AFLW, Chyloe Kurdas and star of Collingwood’s AFLW team, Kate Sheahan.

On air from 8am, the hour-long show will bring listeners the latest in NAB AFLW news, in-depth analysis and match previews throughout the season.

Bianca Chatfield said she is thrilled to have got the call up for this opportunity.

“Promoting women in sport is something I’ve been passionate about for a long time,” said Chatfield.

“The response to NAB AFLW has already been so positive and I am beyond excited to be part of the 1116 SEN broadcast team for the inaugural season.”

1116 SEN GM, Cathy Thomas, says the start of the season will be a momentous occasion for women in sport.

“It was a natural fit to have an expert team of women who are so passionate about sport to lead the charge on 1116 SEN’s coverage of the first NAB AFLW league,” said Thomas.

“Listeners can expect a well-rounded level of analysis as Bianca, Sam, Chyloe and Kate will each bring their own unique expertise and opinions.

“Our in-depth coverage of the league will further cement 1116 SEN’s position as Melbourne’s Home of Sport.”

In addition to The AFLW Hour of Power every Sunday, 1116 SEN will showcase the inaugural season of the women’s league by broadcasting one live game each round.

Coverage of the season opener between Collingwood and Carlton kicks off from 7pm this Friday.

0 Likes

Seven News reporter Emily Angwin has joined the 1116 SEN breakfast show with Garry, Tim and Hamish as the breakfast newsreader.

Prior to commencing her role as a reporter and presenter for Seven News, Angwin worked in the newsroom at 1116 SEN and former sister station, MTR.

“Radio is where my media career began and it holds a special place in my heart,” said Angwin.

“With my passion for news and sport it felt like the right fit and I am thrilled to be back at 1116 SEN.”

General Manager of 1116 SEN Cathy Thomas says Angwin strengthens 1116 SEN’s position as a one-stop shop for information and entertainment.

“Sam McClure’s The McClure Report already provides listeners with the latest breaking news in the world of sport and the appointment of Emily as a dedicated newsreader will see all facets of Melbourne news covered for 1116 SEN listeners,” said Thomas.

0 Likes

A who’s who of the sporting world celebrated the launch of the new-look 1116 SEN at a launch party at Greenfields in Albert Park last night.

General Manager of 1116 SEN Cathy Thomas told her guests 2017 is already proving to be a great year for the station.

“1116 SEN talks more sport than any other station in Melbourne and this year we have raised the bar when it comes to the level of sporting expertise and analysis provided to our listeners.

“The Garry, Tim and Hamish breakfast show is proving to be at the forefront of the biggest stories in sport and coupled with the calibre of talent who make up our new-look AFL commentary team, 1116 SEN’s expertise and analysis is unparalleled.”

0 Likes

The Herald Sun is reporting that Kevin Bartlett will be joined by Dr Turf (John Rothfield) in the 3pm to 6pm timeslot with the new drive show known as ‘KB and The Doc’.

Another change which was confirmed today was the return of Andy Maher in the midday to 3pm slot, replacing Francis Leach.

0 Likes

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/gerard-whateley-joins-sen-radio-leaves-abc-to-take-on-morning-program-and-chief-caller-roles/news-story/3386e103b8109c42b0dae857a6b51593

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes