Out Of This World

Goes here.

0 Likes

Space

NASA will hold a press conference on Wednesday to present a “discovery beyond our solar system,” leading to speculation that the announcement will involve planets capable of sustaining life.

The agency has offered no details on the upcoming presentation other than that it will involve “exoplanets”.

0 Likes

this is where I thank god that I have Fetch TV and can stream NASA TV :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Yeah, Yeah…

It’s on YouTube

0 Likes

Not just one, but seven Earth-size planets that could potentially harbor life have been identified orbiting a tiny star not too far away, offering the first realistic opportunity to search for biological signs of alien life outside of the solar system.

The planets orbit a dwarf star named Trappist-1, about 40 light years, or about 235 trillion miles, from Earth. That is quite close, and by happy accident, the orientation of the orbits of the seven planets allows them to be studied in great detail.

0 Likes

you can stream from the NASA app too via chromecast.

I still do not know why Foxtel don’t have it a part of their lineup, especially when it is on Optus D3 for free.

Jase.

1 Like

How cool is this :slight_smile:

1 Like

yep sure can. Bloody love it!

0 Likes

0 Likes

NBC Nightly News‏ @NBCNightlyNews

JUST IN: SpaceX announces plan with goal of launching 2 private citizens “to circumnavigate the moon and return to Earth” in 2018.

SpaceX: They “will travel into space carrying the hopes and dreams of all humankind, driven by the universal human spirit of exploration.”

SpaceX says moon mission is part of “our ultimate goal of transporting humans to Mars.”

https://t.co/VGemPF83gH

0 Likes