Nintendo Switch - General Discussion

I got my pre-order in today with EB Games, and looking forward to be able to unbox and play the Switch on 3rd March. I feel like a kid again, awaiting for that moment on Christmas morning…

Got no games on pre-order yet, just the console. But I am looking at potentially getting 1-2 Switch for the Family, Zelda for myself, and Skylanders for the kids.

Nintendo’s lineup is looking a little lean upon launch, compared to past console launches…

Here is what Nintendo’s President Tatsumi Kimishima had to say about it today

Here are the announced first-party titles that will follow the system launch, releasing through 2017 in Japan. Some of those who have seen this lineup have expressed the opinion that the launch lineup is weak.

Our thinking in arranging the 2017 software lineup is that it is important to continue to provide new titles regularly without long gaps. This encourages consumers to continue actively playing the system, maintains buzz, and spurs continued sales momentum for Nintendo Switch.

For that reason, we will be releasing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS, which is making its debut on the Nintendo Switch during the first half of 2017, and Splatoon 2, which attracted consumers’ attention most during the hands-on events in Japan, in summer 2017. We believe that these titles exemplify the concept of the Nintendo Switch, which is to be able to play anywhere with anyone and at any time, and will expand and invigorate competition between players.

Source: http://www.vooks.net/nintendo-president-explains-weak-switch-launch-lineup/

EB Games also sent an email out to those who preordered. Apparently EB must have a shortage of consoles as they require those who have a pre-order to confirm if they want March or April shipment.

They are already sold out of Zelda. I ended up preordering with JB for the games but have my ticket lined up for midnight launch at Hollywood Plaza EB Games for the console. I hope they don’t screw me over as I’ve prepaid the whole console already.

I got my info slightly wrong. EB have only sold out of the limited edition Zelda. Speaking with JB today, they said they only had limited stock of the limited edition themselves.

Target are launching with Zelda at $79 and 1-2 Switch for $59… I’ll be seeking a price match at JB.

Unsure if I feel sorry for the bloke or not. I mean, be did lie about where he sourced the console from.

None in any stores I’ve been to. Although now having looked at gameplay of Super Bomberman R… It might be another one to sweet talk the missus into.

4 days until Switchmas.

Merry Switchmas Eve

Merry Switchmas!

I’ve been watching your posts on facebook and having a laugh!

What can i say? I aim to entertain. But I’m glad you have a laugh.

To get back on topic… Picked up Zelda and 1 2 Switch today at JB with a price match against the Big W price.

Lego City Undercover has been delayed on the switch for AU release until 12/04/17 from the original projected release date of 4th April. The game will still be released on PS4 and Xbox One on 5th April.

A post was split to a new topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Statement from EA on the Switch…

“So we feel really good about it. Again, we came out early and said that we’ll be supporting the Nintendo Switch with our biggest title in FIFA. We have a tremendous relationship with Nintendo and have done for many, many years and are excited by the fact that they have come out very strong and are bringing in a whole new player base into the ecosystem. We continue to be bullish on it and are looking at other titles that we might bring to the Switch.”

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/280162-ea-ceo-on-switch-full-statement

Firmware 2.3.0 is now Live. Make it more stable.

Nintendo announced its Nintendo Switch Online service beginning 2018 for a yearly cost of USD$20. All you can eat NES library with online features as long as you remain subscribed. It’ll be almost like Netflix… But for gaming.