Justice League

The live-action Justice League movie released in 2017 and there is an extra after the end credits as a warning for anyone who normally walks out of the cinema
I was surprised to see in the credits that the screenplay was co-written by Buffy creator Joss Whedon.
What surprising about Whedon’s involvement is that Justice League is a movie of the DC Extended Universe and Whedon had previously worked on the rival Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Overall it is not bad and my enjoyment is picked up late into the movie.
S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S

The movie includes the plot of Barry Allen/The Flash visiting his father in prison as he has been convicted of killing Barry’s mother.
I watch The Flash TV series which is unconnected to the DCEU where the plot about Barry’s father in prison has already been told and resolve.
Even though the Arrowverse which The Flash TV series is part of is not linked with the DCEU it still felt disconcerting as a viewer to be back in old ground of seeing Barry’s father Henry in prison again.
The end credit scene has Lex Luthor meeting Deathstroke/Slade Wilson. Deathstroke is played here by Joe Manganiello.
Perhaps not coincidentally the latest Arrow episode Promises Kept also has an appearance by Deathstroke/Slade Wilson played by different actor Manu Bennett for a different continuity to the DCEU.

How Justice League Should Have Ended:

Zack Snyder’s Justice League:
Released in 2021, this Zack Snyder’s director’s cut of Justice League.
Snyder had worked on the originally released 2017 version but walked off due to a family tragedy.
Joss Whedon was then hired to finish direction of the film uncredited with Snyder retaining sole credit for its direction.
The Whedon version was not well received and fans afterwards called for the Snyder cut to be released and here it is.
The Snyder cut runs for four hours and I was daunted in having to watch this movie at this length.
Fortunately however Snyder structured his cut into narrative acts and therefore for ease of my viewing I saw it in each of these acts per day.
An enthralling and epic viewing of a film especially the fight sequence with out heroes in the last act before the epilogue.
Interesting epilogue including the Joker’s brief appearance even though he had nothing to do with the previous acts.