Hit Network (including regionals)

Ed Kavalee joins the Em Rusciano Radio Show in 2018

Hit Network

The Hit Network is thrilled to announce Ed Kavalee will be joining Em Rusciano on Sydney’s 2Day FM breakfast show in 2018.

Em’s new co-host is known for his lightning fast comedy and improvisation skills and is Australia’s ‘Jack of All Media Trades’. He is a familiar face to Sydney audiences, as a recurring panellist on Channel Ten’s Have You Been Paying Attention? and as a former host of the Marto, Ed & Robin breakfast show on Triple M Brisbane, Ed is no stranger to breakfast radio.

The Hit Network’s Head of Content Gemma Fordham, on Ed joining the team: “He’s superbly talented and we know the Sydney listeners will love the addition of Ed to the show.”

Ed Kavalee on joining the breakfast show: “I’m very excited to join The Hit Network and the 2Day FM Sydney Breakfast show with Em. Bring on 2018. We are really looking forward to it. I just hope my old room at my share house on Cleveland street is still available.”

Em Rusciano on her new co-host: “I’m bloody pumped to have the talented, funny and clever human that is Ed Kavalee joining the show in 2018. As long as he doesn’t object to me blatantly using the show to sell my comedy concerts (‘Evil Queen’ tour on sale now!), books (My Memoir: ‘Try Hard’ is on sale now!) and musical downloads (New single ‘Brand New Day’ out now!) - we’re going to get along just fine. Bring on 2018, I’m excited, it’s going to be low key hectic.”

Harley Breen will be finishing up on the 2Day FM Sydney Breakfast Show at the end of the year. Harley has enjoyed the ride alongside co-host Em Rusciano, but has decided to have a sleep-in in 2018. Breakfast hours are tough at the best of times, let alone partnered with a young family, so he’s decided to hand over the mic to Ed Kavalee.

Gemma Fordham said, “Harley has been a terrific Ying to Em’s Yang and he’ll continue to be a friend of the show. We love Harley and wish him all the best.”

Sydney, get ready to be entertained as 2018 looks set to be a great year for the 2Day FM Breakfast show with Ed by Em’s side.

Today is Sophie Tiller’s last day doing breakfast for Hit 106.9 Newcastle after 5 years.

https://t.co/s35yk5U2Sv

Grant Denyer switching up Sydney Breakfast in 2018

2DayFM

Southern Cross Austereo’s Hit Network is excited to announce the multi-talented Grant Denyer will be joining Em Rusciano and Ed Kavalee on Sydney’s 2Day FM breakfast show weekdays from 6am in 2018.

Grant is one of Australia’s most loved media personalities and his infectious energy and ease with audiences is exceptional.

Grant’s charisma and cheeky antics will now be heard daily alongside Em and Ed, offering Sydney audiences even more access to Grant than ever before.

The Hit Network’s Head of Content, Gemma Fordham: “I am thrilled Grant will be joining the Sydney breakfast show. He is one of the country’s most energetic personalities and was a dynamo on breakfast TV and reshaped the landscape. When it comes to entertaining Aussies his instincts are spot on and I know he is the perfect addition to brighten up Sydney’s morning alongside Em and Ed.”

Em Rusciano: “I’m delighted to have the blonde bombshell, glamorous bogan and Australia’s best friend, Grant Denyer, join our show”

Ed Kavalee: “Grant is a fantastic talent and broadcaster. He’s one of the biggest names in Australian showbiz (that’s not a short joke). We have a brand-new microphone and booster seat ready to go (that was a short joke).”

Grant on joining the breakfast show; “I’m told breakfast radio is even more dangerous than race car driving and I fractured my bum and almost died doing that this year….so, what could go wrong!!! I won’t need the booster seat Ed because it’s in my contract I get to sit on your knee. P.S I’ve already got dibs on driving our Mardi Gras float. Their lap times are ridiculous."

2DayFM breakfast with Em, Grant and Ed will be on-air from January 15.

Bree Is Leaving Sea FM At The End Of This Week

Sea FM Central Coast

Bree Is Leaving Sea FM At The End Of This Week

After two solid years getting the Central Coast up every morning as one half of 101.3 Sea FM’s Breakfast show, Bree & Gawndy, Bree Tomasel has decided to fly the coop and pursue exciting opportunities overseas.

Since joining Sea FM two years ago, the Coast has embraced her remarkable candour, her love of oversharing and unwavering authenticity.

Bree’s spent the last two years embracing local life – she’s played local soccer for the Kariong Cougars, embraced the fitness life at Erina, and maybe enjoyed Central Coast café culture a little too much!

On the air, she’s cooked pancakes between two irons, crushed a watermelon between her legs, locked down the studio to play non-stop country music for an hour, gone on “strike” and given out on air Boss Yamo’s personal phone number.

Bree’s also been a passionate community advocate for a variety of local & national causes in her time on the Coast, hosting events for suicide prevention & cancer fundraising, growing out her leg hair during February to raise money & awareness for domestic violence, and most recently was a leading local voice in the Marriage Equality YES campaign.

Coasties in 2018 will still get up every morning with Gawndy and an announcement on who’ll join him for 2018 will be made soon.

This Friday will be Bree’s last show and will co-host Mingara’s Christmas Under The Stars this Sunday with Gawndy.

Stupid little prepubescent sluts wouldn’t be able to harm anything except themselves.

HOBART WILL HAVE A NEW WAY TO WAKE UP IN 2018 WITH JIMMY AND NATH FOR BREAKFAST ON HIT 100.9!

9 Hobart

Southern Cross Austereo is excited to announce Jimmy Smith and Nathan Roye as the new faces of breakfast on Hobart’s Hit 100.9 in 2018.

The boys will make the move from Sydney to Hobart in January to take over Hit 100.9 breakfast from 6am – 9am weekdays.

The comedic duo said they are looking forward to the move and bringing their show to a new audience in Hobart.

“I’m stoked to be moving to Hobart with my best mate (that’s Nath). I’ve always wanted to do the Sydney to Hobart,” Jimmy said.

“Before we got offered the job, I got a tattoo on my bum that says ‘Hobart is home’… risky, but it paid off,” added Nath.

Southern Cross Austereo’s General Manager of Hobart, Ally Bradley said, “2018 brings a fresh sound to Hobart with the fantastic addition of Jimmy and Nath to the Hit 100.9 team. I am sure our listeners will enjoy their natural chemistry and engaging humour as they bring their A-game to the very competitive environment of Breakfast Radio in Hobart.”

Jimmy and Nath for Breakfast will commence on Hit 100.9 on Monday the 29th of January 2018.

“We are stoked to have Hobartians waking up to us every morning! Believe me, it’s better than going to bed with us, Nath said.

The addition of Jimmy and Nath for Breakfast in 2018, completes Hit 100.9’s local line up with;
Mason Tucker 9am – 12pm
Nicole Mitchell 12 – 3pm
Followed by The Hit Network’s national drive shows Carrie & Tommy 3pm – 4.30pm, Hughesy & Kate 4.30pm – 6:30pm and Ash London Live 6:30pm – 10pm.

FIRST ON KNOWFIRST

Hit106.9 announces a new way to get up in Newcastle in 2018 – Nick, Jess & Simon

9 Newcastle

Nick Gill has had a busy first few weeks of summer, making some new friends to join him in waking up Newcastle on Hit106.9 in 2018!

Simon Baggs, who has been filling in for Nick during 2017, joins the team full time, while Jess Farchione completes the line-up, to keep them in line in 2018. Jess is no stranger to breakfast radio, joining us from her current role on the Hit Network in Shepparton, and says she already feels a kinship with Nick over their mutual hatred of bananas.

With a fresh look breakfast team coming to Hit106.9 in 2018, Newcastle Group Content Director, Mike Byrne, said,

“Simon has added incredible energy to the Hit106.9 Breakfast Show since joining earlier this year, and after seeing him dressed in drag in support of Marriage Equality we couldn’t let him go.

“Jess Farchione joins the boys after an extensive search for someone who could deal with Nick and Simon… she has no idea what she’s in for.”

Simon said, “I’ve felt so welcomed by the people of this amazing city… I can’t wait to wake up Newcastle every day and I’m so excited to welcome Jess to the Hit106.9 family”.

Jess added, “I haven’t heard one bad thing about Newcastle, so keep those things to yourself thanks! I’m so excited to be joining Nick and Simon in 2018.”

Get up with Nick, Jess and Simon in 2018… starting January 29 from 6am on Hit106.9.

Sea FM Gosford breakfast producer Rachael Hart is leaving and joining Jason “Bodge” Bodger for breakfast on Hit Mid North Coast.

http://www.scaengage.com.au/news-events/weekend-breakfast-on-the-hit-network/