Hit Network (including regionals)

My love and best wishes to this amazing, strong woman.

Em Rusciano

About 10 weeks ago I got the most wondrous surprise. I found out I was pregnant. I was going to announce it this Monday as we’d hit 13 weeks, but instead I will be at home in the most exquisite pain I can possibly fathom. Yesterday I found out that my little boy, was lost to me.
When my obstetrician told Scotty and I his words seemed foreign somehow. I’d only just seen my baby the week before on the ultra sound, kicking and waving. I’d heard his heart beat and began to imagine what type of person he’d become. What colour hair he’d have, I wondered if he’d be serious like his Dad or ridiculous like his Mother, or perhaps a little bit of both.
But now, all I have is that one grainy black and white image, and the rest I will have to imagine.
I’m not sure I’m built to withstand this kind of heart break, I’m not sure any Mother is.
We named him Ray, it was Scotty’s suggestion.
Since we lost him, Scott has been an enormous source of comfort and strength, putting aside his own grief to keep me afloat, I’m so lucky to have him.
Honestly I’m right on the edge of every emotion I possess, I’ve experienced loss before but somehow this feels more personal and acute. I still look pregnant, but have no baby, it seems particularly cruel this part.
I see pregnant women and can’t help but feel envious and angry, that was supposed to be me. My tummy was supposed to be swelling and then in November we were supposed to have a son.
That’s not to be now.
A lot of you know exactly what I’m going through, this kind of loss isn’t uncommon and yet it feels entirely unique to me. I think you all heroic for continuing on, I’ve been in the same pair of pyjamas since yesterday, crying a seemingly endless supply of tears and can’t imagine ever leaving my bedroom again.
So I’m going to take some time off the radio, off performing, off social media, off life. Not for too long, but I need some time.
I know you’ll all understand.
I was worried about the impact me being away from my radio show for a few weeks would have, we’re only new and have so much to do, but I’d be useless on air. The truth is I don’t feel very funny or entertaining at the moment, I feel like screaming and smashing things with a baseball bat Beyonce Lemonade style.
I do want to thank my work and my team for being so understanding. Radio is a huge beast and having your new breakfast host, in the biggest market in the country, step away for a time, is a nightmare for everyone. They haven’t made me feel anything but supported.
What’s happened with Ray feels big and raw and something I need to honour and be in the middle of. I’m not going to avoid it or lock it away and power on as if nothing has happened, which I’m prone to doing. I have to get this right so that I can somehow feel whole again, or a version of that. I know that this will forever change me in small and big ways.
To the Mothers who have gone through this kind of loss and found a way out of it, I’m in awe of you, I need to know how you got through it because I need to see some light under the door soon.
To our little Ray, you were already so loved by your Mum and Dad and your big sisters. Such an unexpected and welcome surprise for us, I wish we had more time with you, I truly do.

Who will replace H&A?

No idea who will replace H&A

Merrickville executive producer Leon Sjogren is departing Triple M Sydney and will join Fox FM brekkie as EP for Fifi, Dave, Fev & Byron.

“I’m bloody excited to be heading back to my hometown of Melbourne to work with such an awesome team."

Katy Perry is set to perform live on Friday 30 June in Sydney in a one-off exclusive event hosted by Hamish and Andy and broadcast across the Hit Network.

It’s been 6 years since she last hit the roof and no other station will get fans up close and in the flesh with Katy performing tracks from her new album Witness live. Earlier this week Katy announced her whirlwind trip to Australia and excitement to share her new songs alongside meat pies, Tim Tams and some beer.

With Witness, Katy reflects on the changes in her own life and in the world around her, delivering songs that both challenge and inspire – including the Platinum-certified “Chained To The Rhythm”, its follow-up “Bon Appetit” featuring Migos and the track “Swish Swish” featuring Nicki Minaj.

Earlier this week Katy performed at the ONE LOVE Manchester charity concert on Sunday night UK time alongside Ariana Grande, Justin Bieber, Coldplay and more. She has recently joined James Corden for Carpool Karaoke, performed on “Saturday Night Live”, and graced the stage at the Grammys, Brit Awards and iHeart Radio Awards.

In Australia, Katy has enjoyed 4 x No. 1 singles and 12 x top 5 singles. Her singles have achieved 60 x Platinum status in Australia, with an additional 2 x Gold singles, with “Chained To The Rhythm” already platinum. Katy made her Capitol Records/ EMI Music debut with 2008’s One of the Boys after signing to the label in 2007. She cemented her status as a global superstar with the follow-up album, Teenage Dream (2010). PRISM, her 2013 album, debuted at No. 1 on iTunes in 100 countries and has sold more than 12.5 million adjusted albums worldwide.

With the singles “Firework” and “Dark Horse” each surpassing the 10 million threshold including song sales and streams, Katy is the first female artist to earn two RIAA Digital Single Diamond Awards. In her 10 years with Capitol Records / EMI Music, she has racked up a cumulative 18+ billion streams alongside worldwide sales of more than 40+ million adjusted albums and 125+ million tracks. She is the most-followed person globally on Twitter.

Tickets to Katy Perry’s performance can only be won by listening to the Hit Network:

Fox FM Melbourne

2Day FM Sydney

Hit 105 Brisbane

Hit 107 Adelaide

Hit 92.9 Perth

And 38 stations across regional Australia

EM & HARLEY BRINGING HUMOUR AND HEART TO HIT NETWORK NIGHTS

2Day FM’s breakfast show, Em Rusciano with Harley Breen, will takeover the 7-8pm weeknights timeslot across the Hit Network from Monday 17 July with an hour of the best from the morning’s program.

In a recent GfK radio survey the breakfast show gained 33,000 new female listeners under 40.

Em Rusciano with Harley Breen’s Facebook community has over 13.6 million video views on Facebook alone. Their online community is especially engaged and interact online 2.5 times higher than other breakfast show competitor pages. The Hit Network’s Head of Content, Gemma Fordham says “Our listeners tell us they connect with, and relate to, Em. Her candour and the way she tells a story with such heart and humour is resonating with them. Listeners from outside Sydney have told us they too want to be able to listen to the show. We are thrilled to be able to answer that call and continue to build on Em and Harley’s super engaged community across the country”.

Em Rusciano with Harley Breen starts tonight across the Hit Network from 7pm.

The Hit Network Presents P!NK
On The World Famous Rooftop Live in LA!

The Hit Network is taking the World Famous Rooftop on tour next month with international pop icon P!NK set to hit the roof in LA!

Following Katy Perry’s epic performance on Sydney harbour last month and Ed Sheeran’s iconic appearance at Hanging Rock, earlier this year, the World Famous Rooftop is this time set to shake Hollywood. A plane load of listeners will be jumping on board to see P!NK live and exclusive, performing tracks from her new album Beautiful Trauma one month ahead of its release on October 13.

In partnership with Sony Music, listeners from across the Hit Network’s 43 stations around Australia can enter for their chance to be a part of this once in a life time opportunity. The lucky winners will fly alongside Hit Network stars Em Rusciano, Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little.
Since her debut in 2000, P!NK has released six studio albums, 1 greatest hits album, sold over 42 million albums, over 75 million singles, over 2.4 million DVDs worldwide and has had 15 singles in the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart (four at #1).

The Australian leg of P!NK’s 2013 record breaking The Truth About Love tour captivated audiences during 46 spectacular sold-out shows, she performed to more than 600,000 fans smashing venue attendance records right across the country.

No other network will get fans up this close and in the flesh with P!NK, Tickets to P!NK in LA can only be won by listening to the Hit Network.

Fox FM Melbourne
2Day FM Sydney
Hit 105 Brisbane
Hit 107 Adelaide
Hit 92.9 Perth
And The Hit Networks 38 stations across regional Australia

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/breakfast-radio-host-dave-thornton-quitting-fox-fm-show/news-story/35e4b2103061247e8405a9f5c8f5a66a

Osher quits Hit 105 breakfast for more TV

Osher quits for more Bachelor

A RADIO FIRST, HIT NETWORK LAUNCHES NEW DUAL DRIVE SHOW LINE-UP FOR 2018
HUGHSEY & KATE TO JOIN SCA ALONGSIDE CARRIE & TOMMY IN AN EXTENDED DRIVE 3.00PM – 6.30PM

The Hit Network today announced a formidable line up for Drive in 2018 - Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little from 3.00pm - 4:30pm, followed by Drive team Hughesy and Kate from 4:30 - 6:30pm.

In a radio first the new extended Drive show programming, with four of Australia’s most loved and entertaining personalities, will broadcast to all 43 Hit Network radio stations, reaching an unrivalled 4.6 million listeners each week (3 million metro and 1.56 million in regional Australia), with a broad reach across all key audience segments, particularly women of all ages.

New friends Carrie Bickmore and Tommy Little have carved out a loyal audience of listeners with their natural chemistry and candour and have been huge hit across the network since they started this year. Audiences have been loud and clear with their wish for more and the show will be extended by half an hour to 4:30pm.

Sensational talent duo Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek are long-time friends and have enjoyed a radio partnership with unrivalled kinship and will be making their Hit Network debut in January 2018.

Gemma Fordham, Hit Network’s Head of Content said, “We are delighted one of radio’s most enduring and hilarious duets, Hughesy and Kate, are joining our new Drive line up for 2018. The commute home is when we let go, relax and leave the work day behind and the Hit Network is committed to entertaining all people on their way, whether it is at 3pm, 5pm or 6pm. To be able to also confirm Carrie and Tommy, a show which just gets better and better, really does give the Hit Network and its audience the best of both worlds in 2018,“

On the announcement, Grant Blackley, CEO of SCA said “I’m absolutely thrilled to welcome Hughsey and Kate to the SCA family. Both are consummate professionals and wonderful entertainers and will be a great addition to the Hit Network’s already strong national Drive line-up with Carrie and Tommy”.

The Hit Network Turning It Up In 2018!

Hit Network

The Hit Network will bring an epic national line up to listeners across its 43 stations in 2018, with Ash London Live bringing more music for the late drive home and more national radio stars, comedians and influencers delivering more shows than ever before!

Delivering the newest and best tunes in the world for the late drive home in 2018 will be Ash London Live, kicking off at 6:30pm straight after The Hit Network’s brand spanking new national Drive show with Hughesy and Kate. It’s been a huge year for Ash London, a rising star and lover of music who has hosted drive several times this year and most recently toured the country as the on stage host of RNB Fridays Live. A concert series which has had unprecedented success for the Hit Network, for the second year in a row.

Those Two Girls are set to keep the early morning risers entertained before The Hit Network’s metro brekkie shows fire-up at 6am each morning. Those Two Girls - Lise Carlaw and Sarah Wills will host an early morning breakfast show nationally from 5am-6am. Currently on Hit105’s weekend breakfast, they have become known for their hilariously, open and honest conversations around everyday life.

National late night show Collective Noun will continue to bring the laughs, starting one hour earlier from 10pm through to midnight, straight after Ash London Live. The hilarious young trio; Dom Fay, Zach Mander and Michael Parente make up Collective Noun and have over 120,000 Facebook followers, 200 million video views online and have recently been featured by Buzzfeed, Unilad, Ladbible, 9gag, Philip Defranco, news.com.au.

New to The Hit Network in 2018 will be an outstanding national overnight show with Danny Lakey, from midnight ‘til dawn. The upcoming radio star, comedian and writer, currently co-hosts Hit brekkie in Central Queensland and had a recent video of himself kissing Bill Shorten go viral! http://bit.ly/2hXVQb1

Head of Content for the Hit Network, Gemma Fordham said, “The Hit Network has never been stronger with more talent across breakfast, day-parts, drive and nights than ever before.”

“We have more live hours, an extended drive home with our formidable quartet Carrie & Tommy and Hughesy & Kate and more music being played by the uber talented and pop culture super fan Ash London. We’re really excited to entertain and connect with even more listeners in 2018 across our 43 stations!”

Hit Network National Line-up 2018 Monday to Friday:

5am - 6am Those Two Girls
6am - 9am Hit Network Breakfast shows
3pm - 4:30pm Carrie & Tommy
4:30pm - 6:30pm Hughesy & Kate
6:30pm - 10pm Ash London Live
10pm - midnight Collective Noun
Midnight- 5am Danny Lakey

Thanks for posting that report from Radio Today… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

god that guy annoys me.

Sad thing is, people at SCA know who he is too.

Ryan Jon (Hit 104.7 Canberra), along with former AFL player Xavier Ellis, are joining Heidi Anderson on Hit 92.9 Perth’s breakfast from 2018.

They’re the Canberra duo who’ve made us laugh and cry from their real life stories.

Ryan & Tanya have announced they will finish up as co-hosts of the HIT 104.7 Breakfast Show, with their last broadcast on Friday November 3.

The talented pair have picked up great opportunities elsewhere, with Ryan heading to Perth where he’ll do Breakfast with sister station, Hit 92.9.

“The company’s showing faith in me with a big promotion to a capital city with almost two million people and hopefully I can do them justice,” Ryan said.

Tanya, with her strong public profile built from her broadcast work and social media presence, has a lot planned for 2018.

“I’ve had some opportunities I just couldn’t turn down. What I’m doing next is the biggest undertaking of my career and it’s scary and amazing and I can’t wait to actually tell you… as soon as I’m able,” she said.

IT’S ASH AND ED FOR SUMMER BREAKFAST

Hit Network

Known for his lightning fast comedy and improvisation skills, Ed Kavalee is Australia’s ‘Jack of All Media Trades’ – from appearing as a regular member of Network 10’s Have You Been Paying Attention, to podcasting, writing, radio and a healthy measure of Football passion, Ed has nearly done it all. Now he gets to add The Hit Network Summer Breakfast show to his long list of achievements.

Ash London is one of Australia’s most passionate ambassadors of music. Having hosted her own show ‘Ash London Live’ every weeknight on The Hit Network for the past year, and filling in for Hamish & Andy throughout 2017, Ash is not only drop dead hilarious, but she’s also the only radio personality in Australia capable of teaming Birkenstocks with socks.

Joining Ed & Ash each morning will be comedian, actor, writer & host, Ash Williams. Having appeared in US shows Anger Management, The Exes, and You’re The Worst Ash was also a comedy regular at the world famous Comedy Store in L.A. Now back home in Australia, Ash Williams is ready to join Ed and (the other) Ash on The Hit Network in the lead up to Christmas. (As well as an upcoming role on Neighbours playing a Gay Stripper!)