Hit Network (including regionals)

Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) today reveal that the talented comedian duo, Em Rusciano and Harley Breen are the new 2DAY FM Sydney breakfast radio hosts, starting at 6am from January 23rd with their show titled The Em Rusciano Radio Show with Harley Breen.

Gemma Fordham, Head of Content, Hit Network says “The feedback we’ve received around Em and Harley has been incredible. Nothing is off limits and Em connects with her audience brilliantly, her humor and honesty is obviously what’s driven her to have a combined social media following of over 350K and we look forward to Em and Harley waking up Sydney each day.”

Having just stepped off the Summer breakfast show and after successfully hosting a Sunday night show for The Hit Network, Em Rusciano says “I’m excitified at the thought of hosting breakfast radio in Sydney, that’s a combination of my two resting states: excited and terrified. I love radio, I’ve been in and out and in and out again for 12 years! I’m like the herpes of radio… wait, I probably don’t want those words near my name for all of time do I? This job is the holy grail, the philosopher’s stone- the one ring of Mordor! I’m bringing along one of my favourite comics and humans: Harley Breen and together we hope to excitify Sydney! ”

Em adds “Please note that I included a fusion word in my press release statement and three pop culture references. If that and the icy cold cans of Coke I drive around handing out to random people, for no reason, doesn’t convince you I’m qualified for this job: then I give up! Hear you soon Sydney pals!”

Southern Cross Austereo

Southern Cross Austereo (SCA) today announced the appointment of Jacqui Hoban as the Head of Events for SCA.

Jacqui will take on this newly created role, working across marketing and content, sales, the Studio and promotions to drive and execute a national events strategy.

The importance of events and their role for SCA is becoming increasingly important as the business seeks to increase monetization of its events including the World Famous Rooftop, establish our new national Hit and Triple M radio brands, and leverage our leading content and increasing number of partnerships.

Jacqui is an accomplished Senior Executive with over 15 years’ experience in delivering world class events across a variety of local, national and international events.

Having worked with national and state governing sporting bodies she has established expertise and sound knowledge across the events, sports and entertainment industries. Most recently, she has been at the Football Federation of Australia, culminating as their Head of Events since 2007.

SCA’s Chief Creative Officer said, “SCA is fortunate to have an executive of Jacqui’s caliber. Her depth of experience and expertise to lead our Events strategy and execution is a wonderful addition to the SCA team.”

Jacqui said “I’m incredibly excited to be joining Southern Cross Austereo. I look forward to working with the management team and SCA staff to deliver a wide range of events and drive the national events strategy for the business.”

“Southern Cross Austereo is an industry leader and it is fantastic to have the opportunity to bring what I have learned over my career to this new role.”

Jacqui will start her positon at the end of February 2017 based in Sydney. She will report to Guy Dobson.

Weekends are about to get even better on the Hit Network with some exciting new shows for 2017!

The Hit Network will welcome local weekend breakfast shows to each metro city, from 7 – 9am on Saturdays.

Sydney – Ryan and Tanya

Ryan Jon and Tanya Hennessy will host Sydney’s Saturday breakfast, commencing Saturday January 28, in addition to co-hosting their weekday breakfast show on Canberra’s hit104.7.

A regular contributor to news.com.au, Tanya started life as an actor, dabbled in comedy, and now works in breakfast radio. She recently campaigned for adults to be able to order children’s meals in cafes and pubs, loves comedy, sitting down and grated cheese.

Ryan played volleyball for Australia and had a season with a US college before completing an honours degree in finance and going on to advise Australia’s richest people on their finances. Seriously! After breaking all his bones and burning his white collar, Ryan a keen podcaster and video maker wrote and produced a short film that premiered 2011 Melbourne International Comedy Festival.

He’s since done breakfast radio for several years and is pumped to be working with his old mate Tanya six days a week!

Melbourne – Will and Woody

Originating from Melbourne, Will McMahon and Woody Whitelaw will cook up Saturday breakfast down south from Saturday January 28. They will continue with their Perth based weekday breakfast show - Heidi, Will & Woody.

The bromance that brews between funny guy Woody and self-proclaimed genius Will is filled with laughs, energy and every kind of crazy!

These good mates wrote and performed a sold out Perth Fringe Comedy show together titled Toothless. Following its success, they went on to put together a similar show called The Naked Truth at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival – yet another massive hit with rave reviews.

Brisbane
Those Two Girls – Lise and Sarah

The fabulous Lise Carlaw and Sarah Wills, better known as Those Two Girls, will bring a hilarious breakfast show to Brisbane each Saturday morning from January 21.

Listening to these two 30-somethings is like chatting to your best friend. They’ve become popular for their distinctive style and walk the line between smart and irreverent, with warm communication styles and disarming onstage banter, Lise and Sarah’s natural female friendship chemistry delivers the wow factor!

Lise and Sarah said, “We’re so excited to be bringing our friendship and banter to hit105 and waking up with Brisbane every weekend.”

“It’s a terrifying privilege and we’re currently procuring an impressive yoga pant and ugg boot collection in preparation for our radio debut.”

Head of the Hit Network Gemma Fordham said:

“We are excited to bring local Saturday breakfast shows to each metro market on the Hit Network, whilst we have incredible network shows, locality is also very important to us as a network.”

“I’m really looking forward to what each show will bring – we have a fantastic bunch of talented people enhancing the Hit family.”

Local weekend breakfast shows coming to Perth and Adelaide will be announced soon!

Regional listeners of the Hit Network will wake up with Bree & Gawndy each Saturday morning from next month, with the duo set to bring a national weekend breakfast show – Weekend Breakfast with Bree & Gawndy, 7 – 9am Saturdays.

Co-hosts Bree Tomasel and Daniel Gawned, will fire up weekends across all 38 regional stations from Saturday February 4th. The duo will continue to host their #1 weekday breakfast show on the Central Coast’s 101.3 Sea FM.

Saturday mornings with Bree & Gawndy will be packed with new content filled with interesting and entertaining topics – from what has been trending through the week, to what people are talking about with their friends, and what’s happening around the country and the world right now.

Southern Cross Austereo’s (SCA) Head of Content for Regional Radio, Mickey Maher said:

“It’s a credit to Bree & Gawndy’s talent to be given an opportunity to take their show to a greater audience, I am a big fan and I am sure regional Australia will be too.”

“This appointment is an example of our commitment to grow and develop our people.”

A country kid at heart, Bree was born in Toowoomba and grew up in Stanthorpe on an Apple Farm. Gawndy is West Australian who migrated east a long time ago, and the pair have been hosting together for the past 4 years.

Bree said:

“When I told my parents our show was going national every weekend they told me I have to pay my own rego this year, so that sucks! But on the bright side, to have our show broadcast around Australia is an incredible honour and an amazing platform that I still can’t believe SCA are trusting us with.”

Gawndy said:

“To think our show will be broadcast on 35 plus stations right around Australia is huge, I can’t wait to share our show with the country every weekend! Going national has always been a major goal for us! My Nan lives in Bunbury WA so she’ll finally be able to hear our show! If she can ever work out where her radio’s on switch is!”

Southern Cross Austereo is thrilled to confirm Carrie Bickmore is joining the Hit Network in 2017 with a national show, live daily from 3pm.

Carrie is no stranger to radio, having worked on air for almost 10 years before joining Channel 10’s The Project as co-host and picking up a Gold Logie along the way. She started her career on Perth’s Hit 92.9 FM in 1999 and has chosen the Hit Network for her long-awaited return to the airwaves.

Gutsy and candid, Carrie has endeared herself to the nation with her authentic mix of vulnerability and humour. Carrie is a journalist, friend, daughter, partner, Mum and colleague and every day she will engage with listener calls and shoot the breeze on the day’s events.

Carrie said:

“I’m so excited about returning to radio! I love that immediate interaction you get with listeners and the unpredictability that comes with it. I am really looking forward to having some fun talking about the things I’m passionate about and find amusing”

Carrie will be joined by comedian and The Project colleague, Tommy Little – their banter and chemistry on television is already an audience favourite. Tommy will bring his sharp, confident and charismatic funny stuff to an hour of live do-not-miss radio.

Tommy Little says:

“I can’t wait to return to radio with my mate Carrie. She is the best. She’s caring, lovely and professional. l plan to be the opposite of those things. We’re going to have a lot of fun together!”

The Hit Network’s Head of Content, Gemma Fordham said:

“The first time I met Carrie I was immediately struck by her “realness”; there are no airs and graces with her. She calls it as she sees it, but has enormous compassion and can connect with everyone from everyday Aussies out in the suburbs to Hollywood megastars. I think that’s why the nation has taken her in to their hearts – people know they are getting the real deal with Carrie. Tommy is one of the best comedians out there; he owns the room with his stand-up comedy and media appearances and is one of the most exciting performers going around right now. We can’t wait to start the drive home from 3pm next year with Carrie & Tommy followed by Hamish & Andy”.

Carrie & Tommy will be heard across 43 stations nationally on The Hit Network from Monday 13 February.

Natasha Jobson has been appointed to the Head of Metro News position at SCA.

The Brisbane-based news editor has been in her current position for six years.

“I’ve been with SCA now for 11 years – but can honestly say there’s never been a boring day. I’ve performed every on-air and digital news role, which includes alarm clocks going off at 3am, and rushes of adrenaline with breaking news stories,” Jobson told Influencing.

“My day to day responsibilities run from helping team members identify how and where they want to grow professionally, to rostering, writing online and on air news content, hosting forward story planning, and creating new on air templates. No day is ever the same!”

Jobson upped at SCA

Hit’s Hamish Blake and wife Zoe are having another baby.

Baby for Blakes

Current Hit TVC

So what happens when a regional station doesn’t realise it is THE Ed Sheeran on the other end of the phone?

Ash and Whitto from Hit 93.1 Riverina found out their caller was Ed Sheeran live to air.

https://omny.fm/shows/radioinfo/ash-didnt-realize-its-ed-sheeran

Amelia, James and Haysey will host Weekend Breakfast on hit107 every Saturday morning 7am-9am.

Fresh from presenting the weather on Seven News and Today Tonight and as host of some of the biggest sporting and fashion events in SA, Amelia Mulcahy will kick start Adelaide’s weekend with everything that’s hot in town.

Alongside Amelia will be James McCann, a regular on the Adelaide comedy scene who frequently scores rave reviews at the Adelaide and Perth Fringe.

Local West Adelaidean Andrew ‘Haysey’ Hayes will complete the trio, a guy with his finger on the pulse of everything happening across the state.

Head of the Hit Network Gemma Fordham said, “We are excited to bring local Saturday breakfast shows to each metro market on the Hit Network, whilst we have incredible network shows, locality is also very important to us as a network.”

Amelia said, “I’m so excited to be part of this show; Haysey and James are hilarious, and we’re here to give you laughs and good vibes to get your Saturday going.

“It’s great to see hit supporting locally made and produced content – we love this city, and we’ll be across everything that’s happening where you live over the weekend.”

James added, “I think we’re going to do really well because last night Graham Kennedy appeared to me in a dream and told me that Amelia, James and Haysey would be the most successful show in commercial radio history.”

Haysey commented, “I can’t wait to wake up with Adelaide on Saturdays! Amelia is absolutely lovely and knows everything about our great city and whilst James is somewhat aesthetically displeasing, he is one of funniest blokes I’ve ever met, and I think we’re going to have a heap of fun!”

SCA has added comedy trio Collective Noun to late nights across the Hit Network.

On-air between 11pm and 1am Monday to Thursday - after Ash London - the guys will bring their funny, loose and engaging content to listeners.

Hit Network’s head of content Gemma Fordham said:

“Over the past month we have added some brilliant local and national shows to the Hit Network lineup for 2017, and finally the last piece of the puzzle, or should I say the golden ticket, is in place.

We have been big fans of Collective Noun for a long time now, and we are so pleased to be able to bring our listeners another cracking show!”

The hilarious young trio; Dom Fay, Zach Mander and Michael Parente are Collective Noun and have, over the past 12 months, been regular content providers for news.com.au.

“Late nights is such a great time slot as you can have a lot of fun! We want to make our show feel like you’re on Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Tour… but you know, with less people disappearing!

“We should clarify, listeners of our show won’t disappear one by one followed by catchy but ominous tunes sung by Oompa Loompas. We don’t anticipate playing any songs by Oompa Loompas at all. Actually, you know what, don’t use this quote. We’ll come up with something better.”

Collective Noun has about 60 million views online with their sketch videos and have grown their Facebook following to almost 100,000.

hit92.9 is “absolutely pumped” to announce its new weekend breakfast show with Heidi Anderson and ex-Hawthorn and West Coast Eagles midfielder, Xavier Ellis.

Weekend Breakfast with Heidi & Xavier starts this Saturday between 7am and 9am and will focus on all things Perth.

Previously a friend of the show for Heidi, Will & Woody, Xavier said he is excited to team up with Heidi for his first proper radio gig.

“I used to come in blindly every week and hope for the best when I was with Heidi, Will & Woody but I probably need to start preparing a little more I think.

“I’m known as a bit of a dork!”

Xavier said hit92.9 listeners can expect brutal honesty from him, now that he is no longer representing the West Coast Eagles.

“All the shackles are off; I’m no longer grounded by the AFL, so my opinions will be known.”

Adding weekend breakfast to her repertoire, Heidi said she is thrilled to be teaming up with Xavier but waking up with a new man, instead of Will & Woody, will take some getting used to!

“I feel like I’m having an affair on Will & Woods with this other guy called Xavier.

“I’m pumped to be working with him though! He is hilariously funny and I can’t wait for Perth to wake up to the outrageous stories from his life.”

“I’m excited to be speaking to my city, and the people I love so much, six days a week now.”

hit92.9 CD Amanda Lee, said Perth can expect a fun, playful vibe from Weekend Breakfast with Heidi & Xavier, celebrating all things Perth.

“Teaming up Heidi who is known for her realness and for loving Perth, along with Xavier who is quite the larrikin and loves telling a good story, Weekend Breakfast with Heidi and Xavier will be a fun and exciting combo to wake up to on a Saturday morning.”

SCA will celebrate International Women’s Day with a national breakfast show on The Hit Network this Wednesday, featuring an all-star lineup of the network’s top female personalities.

Fox FM’s Fifi Box and 2Day FM’s Em Rusciano are set to anchor with a host of SCA favourites joining the broadcast; Abby Coleman of Hit105, Heidi Anderson, of Hit92.9 and Cat Lynch of Hit107.

SCA head of content Gemma Fordham also said Ash London, Carrie Bickmore, Sam Frost and Constance Hall, as well as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador Nicole Kidman, will make on appearance over the three-hour special.

Head of content Gemma Fordham said:

“We think it’s important we use our platform and voices to raise awareness of the many serious issues around inequality that women face globally.

“We want to help all women to have the belief that they are just as smart, strong, authentic, and humorous and empowered as their male counterparts. We need to work together with all the great men in our lives to make this happen.”

Fifi Box said the Hit Network have so many strong, successful female broadcasters.

"Having only ever broadcast on the radio with men it will be a revolutionary show that I can’t wait to be a part of.”

Em Rusciano said:

“We’ve come a long way as women, but there are still many things that need to get better.

“I encourage all people; men and women, to keep fighting for equality!”

The Hit Network’s International Women’s Day breakfast show will air 6-9am across metro stations and live streamed on hit.com.au and via Facebook Live.

Em Rusciano has only been hosting the 2Day FM breakfast show for six weeks, but she’s already tried to quit twice.

The entertainer made the confession on radio this morning to Fifi Box during a National Breakfast Show on The Hit Network for International Women’s Day.

Hectic hours overwhelms Em

Hmmmm… The egg on the face comes to mind. I say screw it. Let her go and SCA should have a competition to allow caller number 8 to become the new host of 2Day Brekky.

LOL if you got rid of every host who had a minor meltdown there’d be no-one left in radio anywhere. As an ex-radio person like me, you know that.

She’s working too much on other projects. Soon it’ll settle down and she’ll be able to refocus her energies.

Sorry…I’ll take my dry Dad humour outside… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Goes back to playing Zelda on the Switch

2DayFM’s RnB Fridays is to become a regular live event at Sydney’s ivy every Friday from March 31.

Global ghetto superstar Mya is launching RnB Fridays with a live performance at the venue on March 31.

Every week RnB Fridays is promising to deliver the biggest RnB and hip hop anthems to the dancefloor.

RnB Fridays first launched in 2015 and it has become the most-listened-to day on air across the Hit Network’s 43 stations across Australia.

Southern Cross Austereo has also expanded the brand into RnB Friday compilation albums and live concert events.

MTV bringing SCA’s RnB Fridays to TV

MTV has partnered with The Hit Network to televise the latter’s popular format, RnB Fridays.

Beginning March 31, MTV Dance will air non-stop RnB music videos from 8am to midnight (AEDT) every Friday, featuring RnB anthems from the early 90s to the hits of today.

International music artist and label owner Mario hosted a Facebook event this morning to announce the RnB Fridays partnership and answered questions from fans about his new single “Let Me Help You” ahead of his Australian tour. The two-time Grammy nominee will be launching the partnership by taking over RnB Fridays on March 31. He will be playing his favourite tracks, as well as his hits “Let Me Love You” and “How Do I Breathe” and new single “Let Me Help You”.

Reflecting the playlist that made RnB Fridays a radio success on the Hit Network, RnB artists such as TLC, Nelly, Jay-Z, Justin Timberlake and Usher will be showcased along the likes of Beyoncé, Rihanna and Kanye during the 16-hour weekly co-branded programming block. Through multiplatform, cross company promotions, on-air, online and through social platforms, listeners and viewers will have more access to the artists they love.

RnB Fridays quickly became the most-listened to day on air across the Hit Network’s 43 stations nationwide following its launch in 2015. With its radio success, the popularity of the RnB Fridays albums and the sold out inaugural RnB Fridays Live concerts in late 2016, the partnership between The Hit Network and MTV will deepen this weekly cult fixation and bring the artists to life through their music videos.

“RnB Fridays has been a massive success since it hit the airwaves in 2015 and Australia just can’t get enough of it,” said Simon Bates, Vice President and head of MTV Asia Pacific. “We are super excited to partner with Southern Cross Austereo and its Hit Network to bring this music phenomenon to MTV Dance every Friday.”

“We love that so many Australians have embraced RNB Fridays – turning up Blackstreet ‘No Diggity’ and Ginuwine ‘Pony’ is a must for all in the Hit office!” said Gemma Fordham, head of content for The Hit Network. “RnB Fridays has become a phenomenon for us and we are really thrilled to welcome MTV into the RnB Fridays family.”

The people’s radio show – Hit Network’s Hamish and Andy – needed the support of its people more than ever yesterday.

For an entire two-hour show, a sea of 900 people filling the Max Watt’s Music Venue in Melbourne kept the hosts afloat for two hours on the special Crowd Surfing edition of their networked drive program.

The crowd was divided into red and blue groups while the hosts were prepped for their crowd surfing dressed in wet suits.

Musical guests during the program included Germany’s Milky Chance and the Goldie’s Amy Shark.