Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

After writing and directing the first two volumes, director James Gunn confirmed that he will write and direct Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 and this could mean that Karen Gillan will again play Nebula in Volume 3.

Director James Gunn has said that Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is scheduled to be released in 2020.

After writing and directing the first two Guardians of the Galaxy, James Gunn has been fired by Disney for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 due to resurfacing of tweets of his that they deemed offensive.

My wife Karen Gillan with her Guardians of the Galaxy co-stars has signed a letter in support of Gunn:

While my wife Karen Gillan will be back as Nebula in the Avengers: Infinity War sequel, things are not so certain with Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 as production has been placed on hold with 2020 being pushed out as the expected release date with Disney never setting in stone the timing for Vol. 3’s release.
This comes as Disney is standing firm with its firing of director James Gunn despite a letter of support for him by the Guardians cast including my wife Karen.

This article has a video that includes a clip and a picture of Karen as Nebula and the said letter with my wife Karen’s signature on it.

After it was announced that it has been put on hold, it is now been announced that production of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.3, which would probably have seen my wife Karen Gillan return as Nebula, has been delayed to February 2021.