Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 sneak peek from the Kids Choice Awards:

0 Likes

Talking Dead 6.13 Bury Me Here had a brief reference at the end of Guardians 2 by host Chris Hardwick due to the presence in this show by one of its cast members Michael Rooker (Yondu).

0 Likes

Had a desire for chips yesterday and so went out to buy a packet of one when I found and bought Doritos Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Super Nova Limited Edition with Gamora, Peter, Drax, Baby Groot and Rocket on the packet.
It did not however had Karen Gillan as Nebula but the packet did have the description of the chips as “dusted with volcanic black pepper”.
The description of volcanic certainly reminded me of Karen’s Doctor Who debut The Fires of Pompeii which was about a volcano.

0 Likes

Two days ago discovered and bought small and big packets of Doritos Cheese Supreme Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 edition.
Began eating from the small packet when watching a DVD chapter of Doctor Who at the Proms 2013 which included the singing of the Long Song from The Rings of Akhaten & a clip of Karen Gillan in The Time of Angels.
Karen Gillan is of course Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and the music of the Long Song was played in The Time of the Doctor in which Karen made a cameo in.

0 Likes

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 last night.
Bought and ate Doritos Original Salted Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 2 edition whilst watching this movie.
Prior to watching this movie saw Degrassi: Next Class 3.2 #I Woke Up Like This# and that minus the hashtags is also the name of the Selfie finale starring Karen Gillan (Nebula).
Mr Blue is played here and this song was played in the 2006 Doctor Who episode Love & Monsters, a pre-Karen Gillan episode.
Was surprised to find Sylvester Stallone in this movie and he and Kurt Russell (Peter’s father Ego) had played the title characters in the movie Tango & Cash (1989).
Mary Poppins is referenced here and there is also something relating to Baywatch.
Karen Gillan had played Mary Poppins and C.J Parker, the Baywatch character played by Pamela Anderson in sketches for The Kevin Bishop Show.
Apart from Karen Gillan, this movie has something else in common with Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor.
Absolutely fantastic movie which really hits high gear with a shocking revelation that triggered off a great battle here.
Superbly done which is capped off by what is done at the end followed by the amusing end credits.

0 Likes

In her review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 on April 30 2017 and under the headline “Guardians fun but bloated”, Vicky Roach in the Sydney Sunday Telegraph gave it three and half stars and the verdict of “Sequel steers a tricky course.”
Roach mentioned Nebula saying that there is a solid justification for her rage on sister Gamora.
However the review in stating that Nebula is played by Karen Gillan had Karen’s surname misspelt as “Gillen”.
Possibly a misprint as the correct spelling of Gillan is in the caption of a picture of Karen as Nebula with the Guardians in the movie.

0 Likes

Finished The Mindy Project 3.12 Stanford (originally aired on January 6 2015 and in this episode Mindy (Mindy Kaling) spouted out some names with the last three being Gamora, Groot and Rocket the Raccoon and Rob (Tate Ellington) pointing out that they are names of Guardians of the Galaxy.
Coincidentally I finished this episode just over a week after seeing Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 which of course featured the aforementioned characters.

0 Likes

During an interview about Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Karen Gillan sings Bohemian Rhapsody as Britney Spears:

0 Likes

Saw, bought and ate another Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 edition of Doritos. This time it was Mexicana.

0 Likes

Bought another flavour of Doritos Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 edition.
This time it is Nacho Cheese.

0 Likes

The Lucy Show 1.21 No More Double had Lucy hiding from two friends including Viv under a table they were in at a restaurant.
The very hungry Lucy manage to get a bite of a celery that the other friend was holding under the table.
This friend was waving the celery around under the table and ultimately took Lucy a second attempt to have a bite at this celery.
Lucy of course is played by the redhead Lucille Ball and this made me think of fellow redhead Karen Gillan when she played Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as it took the hungry Nebula a lot of time and effort just to grab and bite a kind of fruit that was in her sight.

0 Likes

Karen Gillan with her Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 co-stars Pom Klementieff and Michael Rooker having a chat with Lorraine at Comic-Con:

0 Likes

Guardians Inferno:

Tie-in music video to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

0 Likes

Having formerly played Merle Dixon, Michael Rooker made a surprise late entrance for The Walking Dead 100th episode celebration in Talking Dead and Rooker with his appearance on this programme gets called Mary Poppins.
The Mary Poppins reference to Rooker is due to another character he had played Yondu being given this as a nickname in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

0 Likes

Pom Klementieff came in second in IMDB’s Top Ten Breakout Stars of 2017 for her role as Mantis in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.

0 Likes

My wife Karen Gillan Wants a Woman for the Next Dr Who:

This was posted on April 25 2017 before the reveal of Jodie Whittaker as the first female Doctor some months later and the video starts with her talking about reprising Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

0 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 makes its Australian TV debut on Premiere on January 21 8:30pm and is TV WEEK’s Movie of the Week in which David Stratton in his review headlined “Intergalactic Delight” the verdict of “Super superheroes”.

Stratton in his review makes no mention of my wife Karen Gillan as Nebula and incidentally the ABC will be rerunning my wife Karen’s Doctor Who debut The Fires of Pompeii two days later January 23 3:30pm.

0 Likes

The Sydney Sunday Telegraph tv guide of January 21-27 2018 includes the promotional picture of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 with my wife Karen Gillan as Nebula on it as this movie makes its Australian TV debut tonight Sunday January 21 8:30pm on Foxtel Movies.

0 Likes

How Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Should Have Ended:

Includes Nebula who was played in that movie by my wife Karen Gillan.
The names Mary Poppins and Martha comes up and my wife Karen played the former in The Kevin Bishop Show and would play a character with the latter name in Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle.

0 Likes

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 featuring my wife Karen Gillan makes its Australian free to air debut on Tuesday April 9 8:30pm on 9.

0 Likes