Good Omens

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

In the Beginning:

Series opener.

David Tennant plays the demon Crowley and Michael Sheen the angel Aziraphale.

Quirky beginning to this quirky series based on the book by Neil Gaiman.

From the beginning of life to looking over the Antichrist. This makes me think of The Omen and even has its own birthday party for the boy in question.

IMDb pointed this about Daniel Mays:

“Daniel Mays (Arthur Young) previously played an unknowingly adoptive father to a son with supernatural powers in the Doctor Who (2005) episode “Night Terrors”.”

0 Likes

The Book:

Episode 2.

What a delight seeing the lovely Mireille Enos as War.

Didn’t notice it until I read it on IMDb:

“Newton’s necktie has a pattern very similar to the scarf of the Fourth Doctor on ‘Doctor Who.’”

What a startling discovery that Aziraphale made with that phone call.

0 Likes

Hard Times:

Episode 3.

What a long wait for the title sequence as it does not come in until 28 minutes in.

David Tennant is not the only actor to have played Doctor in this episode as there is also Reece Shearsmith and Mark Gatiss.

Coincidentally I am now seeing on DVD, Doctor Who: Sleep No More written by Gatiss and guest stars Shearsmith and listening to the commentary from these two.

Gatiss and Shearsmith are part of the League of Gentlemen and fellow League of Gentleman Steve Pemberton is also having Hard Times.

Shearsmith plays William Shakespeare and meets Crowley played by Tennant in the Globe Theatre.

Tennant had met Shakespeare before in the Globe Theatre when the former was the Doctor in The Shakespeare Code and the Bard was played by Dean Lennox Kelly.

Interesting to see the development of the friendship between Aziraphale and Crowley as ages passed before seeing the title sequence.

Intriguing what happened at the nuclear reactor base.

Crowley says have a nice doomsday and Doomsday is the name of David Tennant’s first season finale as the Doctor.

0 Likes