New pricing brings unbeatable entertainment and high performance broadband to subscribers
Foxtel today unveiled dramatic new pricing for its high performance Broadband built for entertainment for both new and existing customers. This move greatly enhances Foxtel’s broadband offering, further lowering the barriers for customers looking for the best in entertainment coupled with top quality broadband.
Foxtel Broadband puts entertainment at its core designed to deliver the best in local and international TV shows, sport and movies streamed instantly including the latest Foxtel favourites A Place To Call Home, Gogglebox Australia, Love It or List It Australia. Foxtel Broadband has also been recognised by YouTube+ as offering a seamless HD experience for video streaming.
As a reward for Foxtel’s existing Platinum HD customers, Foxtel also offers an Unlimited Broadband plan, with home phone, for just $65` extra per month with no lock in contract and no set up costs (see table below for further details).
Peter Tonagh, Foxtel CEO said, “At Foxtel, we are passionate about entertainment whether you’re watching a live game or bingeing on The Walking Dead. That’s why we pride ourselves on being a Broadband provider where your service is specifically built for entertainment with nbn™, unlimited streaming, a modem optimised for video, and HD certification from YouTube+. We are also committed to our loyal customers, which is why we are offering our Platinum subscribers a compelling low price, we won’t charge any upfront fees, and they can enjoy the flexibility of a no lock-in contract.”
Today’s news also follows Foxtel Broadband’s recently expanded availability of nbn™ services, now including access to Hybrid Fibre Coaxial (HFC), alongside Fibre-to-the-Node (FTTN), Fibre-to-the-Building (FTTB) and Fibre-to-the-Premise (FTTP) serviceable areas across Australia.
Tonagh continued, “With the addition of HFC, we have secured the most important broadband technologies and can now service over 92 percent of Australian households with either ADSL or nbn™ connectivity. Our new pricing puts us in a very competitive position and whether you’re an existing Foxtel customer or new to our service, our bundles are exceptionally attractive.”
Foxtel’s ADSL Broadband bundles are ‘nbn™ ready1’, meaning current and new customers on Foxtel ADSL Broadband plans today will be able to easily switch their service to the nbn™ network without needing to recontract. Foxtel Broadband offers a stress-free connection with our dedicated team of customer service advisors who take the hassle out of switching your broadband providers, and we’ll make life easier with one bill for the Foxtel Broadband bundle.
Foxtel Broadband bundles feature:
• Reliable service – Our bundles are available on the ADSL or on the nbn™ with the 25/5Mbps speed tier# included on all our nbn™ unlimited broadband plans, ideal for HD video streaming;
• No data download limits for Foxtel content, including Foxtel On Demand3, the Foxtel app3, or Foxtel Now when connected to Foxtel Broadband at home;
• Optimised modem for video streaming - The Foxtel WiFi modem delivers improved WiFi speeds# and great in-home coverage, and it enables easy HD video streaming to multiple devices, free on a 24-month contract or to existing Platinum HD customers who take an unlimited broadband plan;
• Unrivalled content – Foxtel Broadband is bundled with Foxtel TV packages and our internet-ready set-top boxes to provide access to the best live sport, new movies, shows and complete seasons, live and on demand;
• YouTube HD verified+ (as at October 1, 2017) quality video streaming for less buffering and superior HD quality. Over 90 percent of YouTube videos streamed in peak hour are delivered in HD;
• Unlimited standard local calls2 included in all broadband bundles and unlimited standard national calls2 also included in the unlimited broadband bundles;
• Easy management of all Foxtel services with the convenience of a single bill, one point of contact and 24/7 technical support;
• Move between data plans and nbn™ speed tiers each month without a transfer fee to only pay for what you need.
Foxtel offers a range of nbn™ and ADSL broadband and home phone bundles which are designed to deliver easy streaming in HD to multiple devices throughout customers’ homes:
In addition, Foxtel has also adjusted their pricing on their 200GB Broadband bundles available to new and existing subscribers, for more information please visit www.foxtel.com.au/broadband5.