Football (General Discussion)

Football Federation Australia (FFA) will this week begin working with A-League and W-League clubs to develop a new ownership and operating model for both leagues but have put expansion on the backburner for at least two more years, according to Fairfax.

A-League club owners have been told that bringing in two new clubs in an expanded competition would result in net losses over the next six years.

The club chiefs want more teams, more fixtures and a greater share of the television rights to alleviate costs and grow the game.

The FFA argues that it cannot increase club distributions dramatically even though its new TV deal worth $57 million a year with Fox Sports is a significant uplift on the old one because it has wider fiscal responsibilities, including paying for the Socceroos and a plethora of national teams.

A revolt against Football Federation Australia is on its way because they have lost their way and are not listening to the people they need to, according to Fox Sports football expert Robbie Slater.

Slater believes the FFA are mostly concerned with protecting themselves, and that’s contributed to “horrendous” Asian Champions League results.

Footy fight

A bid for a new team in the A-League has been launched with some influential names involved.

As someone who lives in the Illawarra, I definitely wouldn’t support a joint Southern Sydney-Illawarra club and I’d imagine that most Southern Sydney/Illawarra residents wouldn’t either. Bring in the Wolves! :wink:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-media-watch-clubs-walk-out-of-meeting-gillett-gets-grand-final-allianz-pitch-admission/news-story/d0868da5568f39932ae127361fc93345

Not sure how I feel about Channel Seven possibly securing the A-League broadcast rights. Being on a commercial FTA network can only be beneficial for the domestic competition, but Channel Seven have a bad history of mistreating the sport. Would the benefits necessarily outweigh the possible negative outcomes? I’m not too sure.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-broadcast-deal-channel-ten-fox-sports-to-take-australian-football-to-more-fans-than-ever/news-story/f7bab99f30a4657f18828ea6333a57d4

Congratulation to France for winning the FIFA 2018 Championship!

France at Home is an online French Supermarket that sells French products such as bread, appetizers, cheese, jams, foie gras, condiments, shampoo, saucisson, french mustard.