Doctor Who

In the After Trek episode on Star Trek: Discovery 1.10 Despite Yourself, host Matt Mira said that Jason Isaacs (Captain Lorca) would make a great Doctor Who.
There was agreement to this but it was then pointed out that he is busy at the moment!

My wife Karen Gillan hosting Doctor Who at the Proms:

I was surprised to find this picture of my wife Karen used for IMDb’s entry for BBC Proms:

Found this article from 2009 in which my wife Karen Gillan’s former drama coach Sally Coppen expressed how proud she was of my wife Karen in landing the role of Amy Pond:

Doctor Who: The Fan Show

Steven Moffat On Matt Smith’s Era, Writing The 50th Anniversary & MORE!:

Second part in a three part interview.

The Youtube image includes a picture of my wife Karen Gillan as Amy Pond from a season 35 promotional picture and in the video itself it has clips of her from her Amy Pond debut The Eleventh Hour, the season 35 cinema trailer, The Impossible Astronaut & A Good Man Goes To War.

Found this transcript of Matt Smith and my wife Karen Gillan’s first DWM interview together in issue #417 in January 2010, three months before the debut of their first season in April:

10 Things You May Not Know About The Angels Take Manhattan featuring my wife Karen Gillan:

Planet of the Ood:
When the Doctor and Donna were looking at the Ood in a container the topic of slaves came up in conversation.
Curiously enough in the previous episode The Fires of Pompeii, the Doctor and Donna both introduced themselves as Spartacus and Spartacus himself was a slave.
Donna mentioned Houdini in reference to her and the Doctor trying to get themselves out of handcuffs.
In another curio, Tim McInnerny (Klineman Halpen) later became a series regular in the short-lived Houdini & Doyle (2016).
Definitely coincidentally I began seeing Houdini & Doyle featuring McInnerny at the same time as also seeing McInnerny in a rerun of Planet of the Ood.

Read the Captain Jack Harkness entry in Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia by Gary Russell.
It says that as a freelance conman, Jack travelled to first century Pompeii among many places.
I can only presume that Jack was in 79 AD when Mount Vesuvius erupted at the same time that the Doctor and Donna were in The Fires of Pompeii but from his perspective before he met the Doctor.
It also says that he had assumed the identity of the real Captain Jack Harkness. This information does not come from Doctor Who itself but from the Torchwood episode Captain Jack Harkness.
Russell has obviously demonstrated a little leeway here as Doctor Who reference books do not generally refer to what happened in Torchwood due to Torchwood being an adult show in contrast to family show Doctor Who.

The Poison Sky:
The Doctor gives the real Martha his coat.
As Martha, Freema Agyeman gets loaned a coat here.
This made me think of future companion actor my beautiful wife Karen Gillan who would later play another Martha in Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle who also got loaned a coat in Selfie 1.9 Follow Through & in the Jumanji movie itself.
At the end of the Selfie episode Karen takes off the coat in which she is revealed to be naked.
I love her so much and I have fantastic sex with her.

Matt Smith and my wife Karen Gillan on the cover of SFX in 2010 in the lead-up to their first season of Doctor Who:

10 Things You May Not Know About The Bells of Saint John:

Saw David Tennant in the season 13 opener of The Last Leg with Adam Hills which originally came on in the UK on January 26 2018.

Australian viewers who missed it on the ABC it is now on iView:

Hills mentioned Doctor Who and Broadchurch when introducing Tennant.

Hills mostly talks about to Tennant about British politics and the latter’s role as Barty Crouch Jr in Harry Potter also comes up.

Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia by Gary Russell has an entry on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows the seventh and final Harry Potter book because it was mentioned by the Doctor in The Shakespeare Code.
However in The Shakespeare Code itself the Doctor merely refers to it as Book 7 as the title wasn’t publicly known at the time of the filming of The Shakespeare Code.

Silhouette:
Silhouette is an original novel featuring the Twelfth Doctor and Clara along with the Paternoster Gang.
Written by Justin Richards and released on September 11 2014.
No doubt deliberately the release of Silhouette came just 19 days after the broadcast of the Twelfth Doctor’s full debut Deep Breath and that too featured Clara and the Paternoster Gang.
A setting for Silhouette is at the Frost Fair and the Twelfth Doctor would again be in the Frost Fair for later TV episode Thin Ice.
Silhouette refers to the name of a puppeteer and makes for a good focal point of this story.
Enjoyable murder mystery investigated by the Doctor and his friends which culminated with witnessing the actions of Silhouette.

The ABC just had a rerun of Midnight which began at 11:37pm and this screening intersected with midnight the time.

Midnight has Donna sitting by the poolside.
Donna is played by redhead Catherine Tate and I have seen fellow redhead companion Mel (Bonnie Langford) by the poolside in Paradise Towers and fellow redhead companion actor my wife Karen Gillan sitting by the poolside in Selfie 1.5 Even Hell Has Two Bars and then in the movie The Big Short (2015).

Read from an article from 2010 about Karen Gillan’s then upcoming role as Amy Pond which says that for a time Karen worked in a pub The Pilgrim in Kennington in order to get by before getting a modelling job and eventually becoming Amy Pond.

So here is a picture of The Pilgrim:

Incidentally the same article also has Karen saying that the Doctor Who production team wanted her to wear trousers but she told them that she wanted to wear a skirt instead and so she indeed wore a skirt throughout her time as Amy.

Coincidentally I was reminded of Karen’s request for a skirt on my facebook timeline the day before discovering the said article.

Doctor Who: The Encyclopedia by Gary Russell has an entry on Norman Hartnell saying that he was the designer of the dress that the future Queen Elizabeth II on her Coronation day in The Idiot’s Lantern.
I look up the transcript of The Idiot’s Lantern and it does not seem that Norman Hartnell was ever mentioned in the episode.
It is therefore perplexing why Norman Hartnell is an entry in this encyclopedia since there was no mention of him in the episode.
The fact that he designed the aforementioned dress is not a reason for him to be an entry.
The entry itself is incorrect in stating the future Queen Elizabeth II.
The Coronation was in 1953 and she had become Elizabeth II the year before in 1952.
Therefore she was already the present not the future Elizabeth II as a coronation takes place a year after the new monarch takes the throne.
In answer to the inevitable question Norman Hartnell was a second cousin of First Doctor William Hartnell.

Are you sure that isn’t SEX magazine? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

IMDb presented 17 Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies as ranked by its users including Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1 in second place with the rating of 8.1 and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 at seventh place with the rating of 7.7.
Both Guardians of the Galaxy movies had my wife Karen Gillan as Nebula but IMDb only mentions her in its notes for Vol. 1 when it stated that she won the Empire Award for Best Female Newcomer due to her debut as Nebula.