Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Adapt or Die:
Season 7, Episode 6.
Intriguing that Simmons has knowledge of Fitz’s location but can’t tell anyone.
Also intriguing is the meeting between Coulson and Sibyl before Coulson is destroyed in an explosion.
However as May says Coulson will come back as he always does.
Tragedy strikes for Mack as they find his parents dead after finding out they were impersonated by Chronicoms and then killing these imposters.
Shock end when the Zephyr jumps but stranding Deke and a bereaved Mack.

The Totally Excellent Adventures of Mack and The D:
Season 7, Episode 7.
Episode title refers to Mack and Deke being stranded in 1982.
Deke is called The D as he formed his band The Deke Squad as he sings Don’t You Forget About Me.
This is the song from The Breakfast Club and he sings that song three years before that movie comes out.
The Deke Squad are also agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in training.
Both Coulson and Sybil survived.
Coulson is survived in a hard drive and appears in a TV set.
Sybil also appears in a TV set thanks to a programmer who also builds a robot body to inhabit.
When Sybil starts building robots, she shows her gratitude to the programmer by killing him!
What a moment when a killer robot came in shouting Exterminate and firing a gun.
This is a homage to Daleks from Doctor Who as they too shout Exterminate!
The Doctor is a time traveller and the episode title is another time travel reference that of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.
The Zephyr comes back for Mack and Deke and this episode is framed with Deke recounting to May what had happened.
Intriguing end with Nathaniel joining forces with Sybil.

After, Before:
Season 7, Episode 8.
At first I thought this was going to look at the rest of the team were doing while Mack and Deke were stranded in 1982-83.
Yo-Yo’s powers is needed to fix the problem with time drive but her powers are inactive and so she along with May seek the one person who can help her here in 1983 and that is Jiaying at Afterlife.
However concludes that Yo-Yo’s problem is a mental.one.
Harrowing this leads to her recounting the death of her uncle.
Intriguing this ends with Nathaniel with the help of the Inhuman Kora in taking over Afterlife.

As I Have Always Been:
Season 7, Episode 9.
Directed by Elizabeth Henstridge (Simmons) in this her directorial debut.
A time loop episode with the Zephyr being trapped in a time vortex and only Daisy and Coulson going through the loop.
Ultimately the problem to this is Enoch and funny the number of times that he beaten the team.
Then finally Enoch removed his power mechanism in order to fix the time drive which kills him.
Quite sad Enoch’s final moments.
Intriguing that we are reminded about Nathaniel and Kora in the epilogue.

One movie that deals with time loop is Edge of Tomorrow.
As I Have Always Been is a ninth episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D’s final 13-episode season.
Coincidentally Selfie’s own final (in fact its only) 13-episode season has an episode where my beautiful wife Karen Gillan referenced Edge of Tomorrow in Traumatic Party Stress Disorder but Traumatic Party Stress Disorder narrowly missed being Selfie’s ninth episode as it was instead its eighth.

Stolen:
Season 7, Episode 10.
In a hark back to the first season as the series is approaching its end, John Garrett is back, well kind of.
Garrett was played by Bill Paxton but Paxton died in 2017.
Instead this has a much younger Garrett and played by Paxton’s son James.
It is funny when Coulson meets younger Garrett he says that Garrett hasn’t changed.
Coulson knows this doesn’t make sense as the older Garrett was his previous encounter with him.
What a way for Daisy to learn that she has a half-sister in Kora as she meets with Jiaying.
Somehow should not be surprised that Nathaniel reveals to Jiaying that Daisy is her daughter in the future and tragic that he then kills Jiaying.
The title refers to stolen powers including Garrett getting teleportation from Gordon.
However powers are not the only thing that gets stolen here as Garrett kidnaps Simmons as he and Nathaniel steal the Zephyr but they are unaware that Deke is still on board.
They got Simmons in an effort to extract from her, Fitz’s location.

Brand New Day:
Antepenultimate episode.
Tragic on Simmons losing her memory of Fitz.
Sousa sure found Daisy’s name of Quake funny!
Harrowing that this ends with the Chronicoms destroying S.H.I.E.L.D.'s facilities around the world.

The End Is at Hand:
Penultimate episode.
The end is certainly is at hand as the series is approaching its end.
Garrett joins S.H.I.E.L.D. after Nathaniel abandons him but shockingly shortly afterwards Garrett is killed when they got back to the speakeasy by one of the agents who were hiding there.
Frankly anticlimactic this demise.
This ends (no pun intended) with Simmons using a key to open a portal which brings back Fitz.
Unfortunately Simmons still does not remember him.

What We’re Fighting For:
Series finale.
Enjoyable finish to the series with Deke deciding to stay in the new timeline and becoming leader of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The others go back to their timeline and after dealing with the menace that are Sibyl and Nathaniel.
Not bad that it jumps a year later with the old team mates getting together (well kind of) as they are caught up to speed on what has been happening with each of them.