Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for a fifth season.

Intrigueing end to the season

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5 makes its world debut in the US on December 1 2017.

Agents of SHIELD has been very interesting in season 5 A great end to episode 6 this week and finally a proposal

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for a sixth season.
However unlike the previous five season in which each had 22 episodes, the sixth will run for 13 episodes instead.

In Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Chloe Bennet plays Daisy Johnson/Quake.
Currently in the gap between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D seasons 5 and 6 came the recent release of Marvel Rising: Initiation animated shorts which leads into the upcoming animated film Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors and Chloe Bennet reprised Daisy/Quake in both Marvel Rising titles.
However this does not seem to link Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Marvel Rising together despite Chloe Bennet playing Daisy/Quake in both.
Unlike Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel Rising is not part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Daisy/Quake actually originated as a character in Marvel Comics.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed for a seventh season way before the debut of the sixth season set for next year 2019.

The Other Thing:
Season 6, Episode 5.
Another frustration for Fitz and Simmons as the latter only see him as a hologram.
Interesting seeing Sarge and a captured May getting to know each other and harrowing when she had to kill a parasite-infected man.
What a betrayal that Fitz gets at the end.

Toldja:
Season 6, Episode 7.
This episode involves gambling and I saw this just after Doctor Who: Spyfall Part 1 and that too had gambling in it.
Not bad in dealing with Sarge’s capture including seeing Coulson’s face is the same as his.
Intriguing seeing Sarge’s crew’s reaction against each other.

Collision Course Part I:
Season 6, Episode 8.
Not bad start to this two-parter in which Sarge helps S.H.I.E.L.D. in battling the Beast.
Terrifying what Enoch plans to do with Fitz and Simmons’ memories.

Collision Course Part II:
Season 6, Episode 9.
Not bad resolution to the main narrative which sees the rescue of Fitz and Simmons.
However it ends with a shock as May kills Sarge!

Leap:
Season 6, Episode 10.
Sarge is alive while Izel is leaping into bodies and how she got snuffed out by Mack’s interrogation.
Fascinating how this all played out especially with the revelation why Sarge has Coulson’s face.

From the Ashes:
Antepenultimate episode of season 6.
Interesting development when Izel brings a captive Mack and Yo-Yo at a temple where she also brings Flint.
Interesting revelation that Daisy got from Sarge.
Intriguing epilogue with the Chronicoms.

The Sign:
Penultimate episode of season 6.
Funny that Deke had stolen Fitz’s inventions and said patent pending.
Interesting about hearing that love is pain. I know that feeling all too well.
Shocking that Sarge stabbed May and pushed her into the portal.
In the epilogue Enoch sure got that shock.

New Life:
Season 6 finale.
Intriguing the realm that May was in.
Not battle against Izel.
Fascinating that New Life ends with what it says as we see a LMD of Coulson.

The New Deal:
Season 7 opener.
The Chronicoms travelled back in time to 1931 New York and steal the faces of local cops.
This marks the full debut of the LMD version of Coulson as unveiled at the end of the previous They detected Chronicom activity in 1931 New York.
The episode title is in reference to the presence here of then Governor Franklin D. Roosevelt.
FDR of course would be elected president the next year 1932.
After this I saw Penny Dreadful: City of Angels 1.6 How It Is with Brothers in which coincidentally Franklin Roosevelt was mentioned.
This is because Penny Dreadful: City of Angels is set in 1938 when FDR was already President.
In another coincidence the Penny Dreadful: City of Angels episode came on May 31 2020, four days after The New Deal on May 27.
Initially the agents thought that FDR was the target for assassination by the Chronicoms but it turned out instead to be a man by named Freddy Malick. If the surname looks familiar that is because he is the father of Gideon the future founder of HYDRA.
As Daisy concedes they have to save HYDRA so that in turn would save S.H.I.E.L.D. as HYDRA is the reason why S.H.I.E.L.D. itself was founded.
Intriguingly this episode ends with May hiding on the ceiling from Enoch!

Know Your Onions:
Season 7, Episode 2.
The episode title is a saying said by Koenig.
Not bad episode as Freddy makes his delivery that ensures the existence of both HYDRA and S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Zephyr unexpectedly leaves this time period as it tracks down the Chronicoms’ next destination but Enoch gets left behind as he just missed it.
Enoch is then employed by Koenig who asked him about S.H.I.E.L.D. and robotics.
Wonder what this could mean.

Alien Commies from the Future!:
Season 7, Episode 3.
Guest stars Michael Gaston. I generally dislike the characters I have seen Gaston played and the character he plays here is definitely my least favourite with the episode title being what he called the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.
The agents arrive in 1955 and this is a crossover with the defunct Agent Carter with Enver Gjokaj reprising Daniel Sousa.
Hayley Atwell isn’t here as Peggy Carter.
Instead it has Simmons posing as her.
Funny that Sousa says that Simmons’ real British accent is fake!
Enthralling the Chronicoms’ plan got thwarted but in the midst of this Coulson knocked out and is left behind.

Incidentally Natalia Cordova-Buckley as Yo-Yo at one point wore something similar to one thing that Jenna Coleman wore in Doctor Who: The Caretaker.

Out of the Past:
Season 7, Episode 4.
A film noir episode with almost all of it in black and white.
With the agents still in 1955, this has Coulson recounting that led to Daniel Sousa’s murder as established in history.
Thrilling all the way and surprising at the end when things were in colour Coulson that he had been doing the internal monologue - the narration. It wasn’t just to inform the viewer what has been going on.
As it turned out Sousa wasn’t murdered after all as it was Coulson pretending to be him when he got shot.
Coulson being a LMD doesn’t stay dead for very long.
With history establishing that he is dead, Sousa has no option but become part of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Also intriguing the new powers May has on other people’s emotions.

A Trout in the Milk:
Season 7, Episode 5.
Interesting title sequence here.
This is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 7.5 and both this and NuWho’s own 7.5 The Angels Take Manhattan take place in New York City.
In fact both has time travelling in New York.
The agents are first seen here in 1973 and quite unexpected when they had a time jump to 1976.
Harrowing that Mack stopped the detonation to Project Insight when he saw his parents being held captive but then destroyed Insight by using Zephyr.
This unfortunately gave their location away.
In 1976, Deke finally kills Freddy which he didn’t do in 1931.
Sousa and Daisy gets captured with Nathaniel tried calling Daniel Whitehall to transfer Daisy’s powers to himself!