A Wrinkle In Time

A Wrinkle In Time (2018) trailer:

This is the 2018 big screen version of the book of the same name and it was previously adapted on-screen as a 2003 TV movie.
The casting is of a curio to Doctor Who and Star Trek fans as it has Chris Pine and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.
Pine is Captain Kirk in the current Star Trek movies and Mbatha-Raw was Martha’s sister Tish in Doctor Who.
So this is a case of Captain Kirk and Martha’s sister being married to each other.
In another curio one of the other characters is called Mrs Who (Mindy Kaling) but I am sure she is not married to that certain Doctor.
The main part of the movie got started when Dr Alexander Murry (Pine) goes missing for four years and this has an impact on his kids with one Charles Wallace hearing a teacher bad-mouthing his father for what she believed to be the father’s desertion while another Meg hits another girl for it and gets sent to the principal’s office.
Meg has hopes that her father will come back but the principal says that it is more likely he is not coming back.
Reminds me of the principal at my own high school by the name of Geoff McNeil and frankly it is not the principal’s place to make that determination for her.
It was very inappropriate and the principal was overstepping his authority.
Overall the film muddles through and it is not really spectacular.