10 (General Discussion)

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/breaking-news/tens-journey-into-hands-of-us-giant-cbs/news-story/f6d575c295348d06c810cac98f5371fe

Excellent news!

CBS Corporation Completes Acquisition Of Ten Network.

CBSChannel_Ten_logo_2013

CBS Corporation today completed the acquisition of Ten Network Holdings, one of Australia’s leading entertainment and news content companies with assets across free-to-air television, online and digital platforms.

The acquisition adds Ten Network to CBS Corporation’s global content and distribution portfolios. In addition to the primary free-to-air channel TEN, the deal includes the multi-channels ONE and ELEVEN and Ten Network’s rapidly growing online catch-up and streaming service, tenplay.

Leslie Moonves, Chairman and CEO of CBS Corporation, said: “The closing of this acquisition marks the beginning of an exciting opportunity to build and expand on our close working relationship and the great legacy of Network Ten in Australia, and to paving the way for further multiplatform distribution opportunities for CBS content.

“I believe our ownership helps ensure that Network Ten’s business will grow long-term, while also benefiting the Australian Media sector as a whole. We look forward to welcoming Ten and its employees to the CBS family.”

Paul Anderson, Chief Executive Officer, Ten Network, said: “We are delighted that the purchase of Ten by CBS Corporation, one of the largest and most successful media organisations in the world, has been finalised.

“CBS and Ten have had a strong relationship for many years. We look forward to expanding and strengthening that relationship, and working closely with CBS to build Ten’s presence in the Australian media industry.”

Great to hear! :slight_smile:

It’ll be interesting to see the transformation ten takes under new ownership. It’ll also be interesting to see how Uncle Bruce handles relations between a new CBS owned ten and his beloved WIN television.

The transformation will probably be gradual. I think it’s unlikely that we will any drastic changes within the next six months or so.

I agree. I don’t think it will be a quick transformation by any stretch of the imagination. It’ll still be interesting to sit by the sidelines and watch though.

Annabelle Herd Appointed Chief Operating Officer

Ten

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Annabelle Herd to the new role of Chief Operating Officer, reporting to Chief Executive Officer, Paul Anderson.

Ms Herd was previously Network Ten’s Director of Corporate and Regulatory Affairs. Her new role covers a range of business functions and is effective immediately.

Mr Anderson said: “Annabelle has been responsible for leading Ten’s corporate position in a complex media landscape.

“She is a strong and trusted leader and has the qualities for this position, both now and into the future. I am delighted that she has agreed to take on this new role.”

Ms Herd joined Network Ten in July 2004 after an extensive career in policy, regulatory affairs and government relations in both commercial and public sector roles.

Before Network Ten, she spent four years as Senior Adviser to Federal Communications Minister, Senator the Hon. Richard Alston. She also worked in government relations for Virgin Mobile Australia, and led copyright policy and advocacy functions for Australian and international industry peak bodies and through a secondment to the Federal Attorney-General’s Department.

Ms Herd is also on the Board of Save The Children Australia.

Here’s your 0.000080 Bitcoin (1 Australian Dollar at time of publishing)

Ross Dagan Appointed Network Director Of News Content.
Network Ten today announced the appointment of Ross Dagan to the new role of Network Director of News Content, effective early May 2018.

Ten

Mr Dagan will be responsible for Network Ten’s News content and operations across all distribution platforms, including TEN Eyewitness News First At Five and news content on ten daily, the new website that will launch this year.

He will report to Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey.

An experienced media industry executive with a strong record of leadership, achievement and innovation across Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the Middle East, Queensland-born Mr Dagan is currently Executive Producer for News at Aljazeera English, based in Doha, Qatar.

Mr Dagan’s previous roles have included Director of News Brisbane and Seven Queensland at Seven Network; Head of News and Current Affairs at TVNZ; and Director of News Sydney and Brisbane at Network Ten.

Ms McGarvey said: “The appointment of Ross is the next step in the evolution of our News service and I am very pleased that someone with his Australian and global experience has agreed to join Network Ten.

“Network Ten has a very proud heritage in News, while CBS is one of the leading news organisations in the world. That combination underpins our commitment to building our News service.

“With more than 20 years’ experience in news, Ross has unique credentials, a proven track record and a reputation for leading change.

“He is the ideal person to lead and expand our News division,” she said.

Mr Dagan said: “Network Ten’s people are its greatest assets, many of whom I have had the privilege of working alongside before.

“I am looking forward to returning home to help them build on the strengths of Ten News across all platforms.

“The network is extraordinarily well-placed to look to the future of news and how we produce and deliver news, information and conversations that are most importantly credible, but also contemporary and engaging,” he said.

Sandra Sully Appointed Managing News Editor Of ten daily.

ten%20daily

Network Ten is pleased to announce that one of the most respected News presenters and reporters in Australia, Sandra Sully, is taking on the additional role of Managing News Editor at ten daily.

Ms Sully will continue as Presenter of the TEN Eyewitness News First At Five flagship bulletin in Sydney, and in addition to her editorial direction and management role with ten daily, she will contribute to the new website.

Ms Sully said: “I’ve been passionate about digital media for many years, in particular, the ability to engage people with News content across multiple platforms.

“My new role at ten daily is a natural extension of that passion. The digital space is an exciting place to be and ten daily will be a strong extension of our News skills and content.”

Ten daily is Network Ten’s new standalone, mobile-optimised website that will be rich in short-form video content and offer premium and exclusive news, entertainment, lifestyle, opinion and sport content. It will launch this year.

At ten daily, Ms Sully joins Lisa Wilkinson, who was appointed Executive Editor earlier this year. More editorial appointments will be announced soon.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “Sandra is one of the best and most admired television news presenters and reporters in Australia, and I am delighted that she is joining the team at ten daily.

“Sandra was an early adopter in using digital and social media to build on traditional News coverage and create deeper engagement between Ten News and our viewers.

“News will be an important part of ten daily and I cannot think of anyone more qualified to take on this important and exciting new role,” she said.

Vida Scott Appointed Head of Communications

Ten

Network Ten today announced the appointment of Vida Scott as Head of Communications, effective 2 July.

In her new role, Ms Scott will be responsible for the company’s external corporate communications, internal communications, and trade marketing. She will report to Network Ten Chief Operating Officer, Annabelle Herd.

Ms Herd said: “I am delighted to welcome Vida to the Ten team. With her experience across a range of corporate affairs and communications roles, and her obvious passion for television and media, Vida will be a strong asset to the business.”

Ms Scott said: “It’s a great time to be joining Network Ten. The media industry plays an important role for all Australians and Ten is a key part of that landscape. There are a lot of exciting things happening at the company and I’m looking forward to working with the team to shape Ten’s future.”

Ms Scott has broad media industry experience, having held a number of corporate communications and marketing roles at News Corp Australia and APN News & Media (now HT&E). In March 2017, she joined Westpac Group as Senior Communications Manager working across the company’s group business units.

Ms Scott started her career at Red Agency, where she worked across Fairfax Media and its associated brands.